“Nice location and outlook pity about the attitude”

Boonah Valley Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Boonah
Yamba, Australia
“Nice location and outlook pity about the attitude”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times. The accommodation is very nice with a beautiful outlook. Nice and relaxing with kangaroos, birds and horses.

The downfall for my first stay was the chef. I ordered the duck which I was very much looking forward to as I love the flavour. When it arrived I was very disappointing as it was overpowered with black pepper. The description included black pepper but the amount of pepper used was excessive as even when I scraped all of the sauce off I could still not taste the duck. I could not eat it so I told the waitress about it and she took it away. But there was no "sorry sir would you like anything else", there was just nothing. So I didn't get to eat anything and was charge full price and given the reply "It has black pepper in the description!"

At no point was I rude or offensive, and I do like black pepper so the whole experience left a nasty taste in my mount. Totally unprofessional!

I will stay in the accommodation in the future but never eat at the restaurant (which is annoying as there are no other restaurants close by).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Queensland
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you need accommodation in this area. It is quiet and peaceful with lovely rural views. The motel is very clean and well maintained. We had a spa room which was nice.It is a short drive into the township of Boonah where you can explore the shops and plentiful local cafes. There are great drives around this area with National Parks to visit also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holidaysrfun4us
Tamborine Mountain, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay at the motel but stopped for lunch while on a Sunday drive. The trick is to spot the entrance - we were looking for it but still almost missed as the sign was right by the entrance. The Vue Restaurant has an indoor area and a veranda area and on a pleasant, mild day the undercover veranda was perfect and the rural view with horses and a collection of bird species was a lovely environment for lunch. The service was very good - a quick, polite and helpful waitress. The menu had a good selection of appetizing sounding dishes. Entree prices were $10-$20 and mains $25-$35. We had a tender, tasty steak and an interesting, tasty duck dish. Both came with delicious, fresh vegetables and some interesting extras. The meals were really nice and excellent value. There is a full bar selection of drinks as well. The main serving sizes were spot on and leave just enough room for either entrees or dessert.
So if you are in the Boonah area on a Sunday and want a better quality lunch than the Boonah cafes and hotels offer and in a nice rural setting, this is the place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this Motel. We chose it because it was just out of town and in a rural setting. This time we saw loads of kangaroos. Sitting on the back verandah is very peaceful. My only gripe is the bed isn't as comfortable as I remember it. It was two single beds pushed together to form a double bed. The units are nice because they're modern styled newish duplex units. However the walls are thin and we could here the bathroom and shower doors opening and closing all evening (family with children were our neighbors). Overall I'd return because of the bush setting.

• Stayed April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We recently stayed at this Motel in Boonah. We liked it because it was more like staying in a cabin in the bush with wildlife and birdlife to see and found it to be very relaxing. It was only a few minutes drive to Boonah which was handy. The room and bed were very comfortable and clean. My only complaint was that the pool and its surrounds were not clean. It was a shame that management didn't clean it when they had paying guests in Summer with temperatures at the time over 35 degrees. Also to note, the onsite restaurant closes for 4 weeks in January, but we were told this when we booked by phone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon suite because it had a spa and was the furtherest away from the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle F
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Following a nasty incident in Brisbane I needed somewhere to convalesce. We were welcomed here by sympathetic Sally who allowed us to arrive one day late. We settled into our room which. in common with all rooms here, is spacious and comfortably furnished. Unfortunately the kangaroos declined to appear but we did see some new (for us) birds in the grounds of the hotel including a Pacific Baza.
We enjoyed our continental breakfasts and dinner on our second night (restaurant is closed for the first half of the week). Sally suggested a good (and exciting) route to the Queen Mary Falls and we also visited the local Moogerah Peaks National Park (Mount French). You can drive to the top which rather suited me at the time).
The swimming pool did not look as smart as the picture on this site and had quite a lot of debris in it. As last time we found that the majority of guest were business travellers who were hardly there in daylight hours so I guess the swimming pool is not a factor in their choice (and I was not in a fit state to use it anyway. I was surprised, though, that there was no wi-fi (free or otherwise).
One again we enjoyed our stay and would happily stay here again in the future

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed at this motel on a few occassions and it's quite modern. Rooms are nicely appointed and will separated. Noise is no problem here. We dined in the restaurant and to be honous we were very dissappointed in the quality of the meat service. My wife ordered lamb shanks. The size of these shanks indicated that they were not from a lamb. They had that strong mutton smell. My steak was hardly what I'd tender. Disappointing for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank klja1961
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonah
Boonah Motel
#2 of 2 in Barney View
Ketchup's Bank Glamping
Ketchup's Bank Glamping
#1 of 1 in Cannon Creek

Been to Boonah Valley Motel? Share your experiences!