“Great Coffee & real hospitality in Barcaldine”
Review of Cafe Crema on Oak

Cafe Crema on Oak
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Barcaldine
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is the second opportunity that I have had to visit this establishment since it opened, and I was not disappointed. A newly configured kitchen and serving area had been installed together with comfy lounges as well as the usual tables & chairs.

The establishment is airconditioned for comfort and it is a relief to get in out of the +30C Barcaldine heat.

Mandy and Aleta really know how to make a great coffee and the warmth of their welcome and their attentive service makes a nice change from the somewhat offhand attitude that I have experienced in other establishments in that part of the world. A wide selection of other drinks including milkshakes and spiders is also available.

A highlight of any visit to Cafe Crema is to sample the home cooked Quiches, Lemon Meringue Pies, Filos and Scones. Mandy is obviously a a whiz in the kitchen and Aleta can put together a generous and varied salad to go with the quiche.

My food was excellent and a good generous serve, and the coffee was superb. I loved that Lemon Meringue pie!! My grandchildren were also welcomed and well catered for in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Judging by the "Grey Nomads" who visited the establishment while I was there, the word must be spreading amongst that fraternity.

I would highly recommend Cafe Crema whether for a quick coffee & cake or for lunch. It is a must visit when visiting or passing through Barcladine. I will certainly be back for more of that Lemon Meringue Pie when I am next in "Barcy".