“Spoilt glenbris” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Barcaldine
Brisbane, Australia
“Spoilt glenbris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed at barcaldine motor inn for 3 months . Lucky enough to stay in one of the new villas the accomidation is second to none,clean loveingly maintained surrounded by a relaxed welcomeing landscape and pool area.The staff are country friendly a nice change from the city I live in. I ate at the restaurant breakfast and dinner and the quality of food was consistantly 5 star with large portions and the eye fillet as soft as the fish.In short I found my stay wellcomeing and friendly and I thank Dave, Caroline,Staff and the good folk of barcaldine for a memorable stay.I would agree with one of the reviews I read'Best Stay Ever.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank glen f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Actually was a pleasant room. Not the biggest of rooms, but nicely decorated for a country motel. Hanging space in my room was limited to a small cupboard but I noticed that in my colleagues room, he had a wardrobe.

Split-system air conditioning - so lovely and quiet. Very happy with that

Best of all the bed. Oh joy, a latex mattress (I think) anyway it was quite comfortable. Very happy. The lighting was strange. Extremely bright bedside lights. Way too bright for me.

Main downside was noise from people outside. Talking at all hours, plus sound of traffic and cars pulling up / people running their engines excessively and trucks going down the highway at all hours of the night.

We also ate at the restaurant. It was a nicely presented room, with bright floral "country style" table cloths. I thought it was an attractive area and there was also a nice outdoor deck area, which a lot of people seemed happy to opt for.

As for the food - home cooked meals they definitely were - not great but not disgusting. I had a choice of crumbed snapper or pan fried Nile perch. I chose the perch and it was not exactly cooked the best and might have even been slightly over cooked, but compared to some of the fish dishes I have had recently it was "ok".

I could have had chips with my meal but I opted to have the veggies from the Bain Maries as potatoes were included there. The veggie options were limited to a mix of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, and a pumpkin mash (which looked unappealing but was actually quite tasty). It was an uninspiring meal but was certainly edible enough.

We ordered dessert - sticky date pudding with ice cream for my colleague and apple pie and custard for me. Unfortunately there was a mix up and the ice cream was put with the apple pie, and the sticky date pudding got the custard. My colleague accepted his with the custard but I didn't want ice cream so there was a bit of a wait while that was sorted out. Was a bit disappointed that the custard was cold - and most likely out of a tetra pack, I don't think it was home made. Not exactly sure the apple pie was home made either but I was just happy to have custard with it that I didn't really care that much.

Breakfast was cheerful and they were more than happy to cater for pair requests. I had poached eggs on toast with baked beans. Eggs were cooked ok. Eggs came with tomato (and I believe also normally comes with bacon) only one piece of toast but I was asked if I wanted more, which I didn't

Meals were very reasonably priced. Not sure what we paid for the rooms but I believe they were also pretty reasonable. The staff though are amazing. Extremely helpful and friendly. Definitely made for a pleasant stay. Would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Traveling from darwin to brisbane, this was one of many stop overs. Family room was awesome, had dinner in the restaurant Sunday night roast and dessert could not have asked for better. Staff were friendly, helpful and the facilities were a 10/10.. Reasonably priced, had great nights sleep
Thank you to all the staff on our stay 12/1/2014

Room Tip: Family room up market sleeps six people queen bed in one room .. Queen bed and two singles in the ma...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachel C
Gladstone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a week of outback driving with 'outback trailblazers' rally raising money for Angel Flight. Would have paid more than the very reasonable rate to have a good sleep before our 9hour trip home. Very clean and comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Breyno
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

A very nice motel. A friendly welcome. Room spotlessly clean and comfortable. Motel is right on the highway so some noise from large trucks going past. Unusually small wardrobe that is fine for shirts but not high enough for a dress or slacks. Only a small towel rack in bathroom suitable for hand towel only and nowhere to hang bath towels. Otherwise it had all the basics and was quite satisfactory. We ate at their restaurant which had both indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor verandah was a lovely setting with shrubs & trees surrounding it. We did not have to wait long for our meal which was well cooked and tasty. Vegetables & salad were smorgasbord style. Good value meal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meg_H46
Dalby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have never written a review on here before I but just had to get on and say thank you to the Barcaldine Country Motor Inn. I've stayed in two of the other motels in town but they do not even compare to this one.

The team are wonderful - I've only met them recently and they have felt like friends from the first visit. The service is second to none, the beds are very comfortable, the shower water pressure great and the meals fantastic - there is not a single thing I would change. It's not only the best motel in the west - it's the best motel I've ever stayed in. The complimentary drink waiting for you in the room fridge is a welcomed surprise as well!

They have also recently built some new villas out the back - all brand new, with an amazing pool and BBQ area - a visit in Summer will be great!

If you come to Barcaldine - this is the only place to book (and as you are checking in, have a look at the wall behind the reception desk!)

Room Tip: The new Villa's are my favourite, but the entire establishment is wonderful - you can't go w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cassie B
Longreach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I had a weekend away and stayed in the new cabins and we were very impressed. They are well appointed and comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The only drawback was that the cabins didn't have Austar connected but I believe that's coming. I decided to have a swim however the pool was cluttered with leaves but it was winter and only a fool would swim at that time of year.I grabbed the scoop from the pool shed and disaster averted... it was a little chilly! This is a great place to stay in Barky and we'll be back again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple