“Spacious, but needs updating.”

Atherton Halloran's Leisure Park
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in a 2 bedroom cabin. The cabin was clean, well equiped and roomy, but could do with an update. The lounge had lost its spring/padding and was very uncomfortable and the TV was the size of a PC monitor.
The grounds were very well kept and the site was quiet.

Room Tip: Check out the cabin before booking in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
hallorans, Manager at Atherton Halloran's Leisure Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Hello,
Thank you for your review.
You are quite right that the lounge needs updating. This will be done promptly. The size of the TV is unavoidable at the moment as the original is getting repaired. I hope your stay otherwise was enjoyable.
Kind regards

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I booked a Queen Villa which was a new modern open-plan unit with a queen-size bed and an ensuite. The unit had a stove-top, microwave and a small fridge and was well stocked with crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. The setting was great with views over the town, parking next to the van and far enough away from the next unit so that there was no noise.
There was plenty of hanging space for clothes but no shelves or drawers for smaller items. When I commented on this, the staff went out of their way to source a set of drawers for me. Full points to caring for visitors. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. Another bonus is that it was cheaper than a motel room, but I had more facilities and much more space. Rooms are serviced weekly.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Queen Villa for a couple - plenty of space and nice new units.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lyn2905
hallorans, Front Office Manager at Atherton Halloran's Leisure Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

Hello,
I am so glad we were able to help you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

On a recent business trip through the Tablelands I stayed in one of the ensuit cabins. The cabins are well fitted out, spacious, very clean & tidy & does still have that brand new smell & appearance about it. The location is nice & quiet, everything a business traveller needs at the end of a long day on the road, you can park you car right at the door for easy unloading of gear. Great hosts & a great environment to stay, and for me; no screaming kids running around the palce.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recently stayed (Nov 11) at Halloran's Leisure Park for 2 nights.
It was booked by my friends, who were also staying there as a return customer, as we were visiting other friends who live in Atherton.
I was without my wife & family and I had a double room, which was plenty big for one person. My friends also had a double room which was, in my opinion, a good size for a couple and young child (in a portable cot, supplied by the Park).
I left it up to my friends to book the weekend accommodation and if it was my decision I would have booked the closest Hilton or similar 5 star hotel. But considering that Atherton doesn’t offer 5 star hotels I thought I would just wing it for the weekend.
When my friends told me that we were staying in a caravan / leisure park, I was extremely concerned.
But here is the good news. This place is extremely clean, well appointed and virtually faultless. Clearly the people running it (and without knowing it, I assume it is the owners of this business) obviously take pride in their business. So credit where credit is due … well done to the management for a job well done. Their Leisure Park is good!!
If I travel to Atherton again I will not hesitate and book this place again. I do recommend it. The price was very low for what I received!
FYI, we stayed in (two) little self contained units.
My tip: Stay here! Is cheap and VERY clean.
My tip 2: I hate little soap. Bring your own!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed in a close to new cabin, right on the end of a row- no.26 I think. It was well appointed and the park is spacious with lovely views of the mountains around Atherton. Just a short walk to town, quiet and a short walk too up to Halloran's lookout, which is worth the effort. The views of the Tablelands from there are expansive.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin with a verandah and at the end of a row.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
hallorans, Front Office Manager at Atherton Halloran's Leisure Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for the kind review!
Villa 26 is relatively new and we are extremely proud of it and it' s siblings close by. Big Brother 3 bedroom and big sis 2 bedroom spa.
We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and we were pleased to have provided this to you.
Again,
Thank you!
Virginia

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Hallorans was a reasonably priced leisure park. When I rang to book the staff were friendly and helpful, answered my questions. I was mainly worried about the cleanliness of the cabins after looking at some of what is on offer in Atherton and reading TripAdvisor reviews of some Atherton properties. The staff assured me that the cabins were fairly new and clean and they were. Very clean, nice furniture for this type of accomodation. Quiet location even though the fence line of the property is against residential houses it was quiet. Minimal crockery and cutlery but it was a cabin for two (myself and my daughter) and there was two of everything but a few extras wouldn't have hurt when catering for a child. We will happily return to Hallorans in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We discovered Hallorans and stopped in one of their spa lodges for an evening and it was great.

Accommodation was clean, spacious and great value for money. Location was just a little too far out of town to walk in but if you have a car it's a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple