“How things change”
Review of Rye Pizza - CLOSED

Rye Pizza
Description: At popular Italian restaurant SiSCo, you’ll find the flavours as big as the welcome - from the pizzas that fly out of our oven every night, to favourite classic dishes, and our specials board that changes weekly to showcase each season's local produce. We’re fully licensed, BYO wine, GF-friendly and good value. Bring friends, bring family: everyone’s welcome.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I haven't eaten here in maybe 15years. Well the other night my favorite pizza restaurant was shut (Ocean Pizza) so I headed on over to Rye Pizza. The first thing I noticed was the friendly staff. Then to the order area where they make the pizzas. The prices were up there and any changes will cost you money, even if you delete a number of ingredients and add one more, it will cost you more. It will cost you more to half and half, so on top of the already hefty prices things only go up from there.

After waiting the normal time for the pizza to be made I returned home and we started to dig in. We were very disappointed unfortunately. The pizza was a pile of ham and the rest was pretty much nondescript. Neither of us finished our pizzas and we vowed to never return. It was not a good pizza unfortunately when compared to what I am used to from Ocean Pizza.

2  Thank l1ves2travel

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was one of the most painful phone orders I had to put through. The guy had no idea what was on their menu. When I would read out an item, he was like "sorry I'm just learning the menu", that's fine, but there's only like 20 items on your whole menu.

Other than the draining phone order, the food was disgusting. No flavour in the pasta, had to add my own cheese and salt to give it some taste, and the pizza was PROCESSED EVERYTHING!
The ham, the chicken, it was all that processed crap, not to mention they forgot the cheese on this one too.

We used to come a fair bit, and in winter also, but this well below average experience has wiped them from my list.

1  Thank Carms62
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food is good with generous serves but the staff became a bit disinterested....you think that during the winter period they would appreciated their regular clientele but they didn't seem to care...not that we were special in any way but a bit of appreciation would have been appreciated!!!!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Friendly staff, great family food - generous serves

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Great atmosphere if eating in, staff are friendly and food is well priced.
Pizzas are exceptional.