“Breathtaking views but not customer service.”

Peninsula Hot Springs
Book In Advance
More Info
$146.23*
and up
Private Mornington Peninsula Indulgence Tour Including Peninsula Hot Springs...
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Rye
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Peninsula Hot Springs is a natural hot mineral spring and spa centre located on the Mornington Peninsula 1.5 Hours drive South of Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. 50 Deg C hot mineral water flows from deep underground into many pools and private baths at this seaside oasis of relaxation, health and wellbeing. Two facilities provide a relaxation experience for everyone:The Bath House has over 20 bathing experiences on offer with areas suitable for visitors of all ages including a Hilltop pool with 360 deg views, reflexology walk, Turkish steam room, sauna, cave pool, family bathing area and much more. The bathing gully and Hilltop pool area is available to all guests until 10am after which time it becomes a 16+ years bathing zone. The Bath House cafe offers a variety of healthy meals in the morning, afternoon and early evening.Bath House open from 7:30am till 10pm daily (last bathing 9:45). If you are planning to visit during a peak period (weekends, school and public holidays) please make an online booking for your preferred arrival time. Bookings can be made over the phone ($5 fee) or online (free of charge). The Spa Dreaming Centre provides bathing and spa treatments in a tranquil, relaxing setting for guests 16 years and older. The Spa Dreaming Centre offers breakfast and lunch everyday and dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The Spa Dreaming Centre is open 8 am to 9 pm daily (last bathing 8:45 pm).
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views but not customer service.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to the hot springs with a group of friends to relax. I didnt get a massage and dodnt find the springs very therapeutical due to the lack of bushes around and lack of bubbles. The bubbles only come on for the first 15 mins of every hour and there are two many people for everyone in the springs to sit near the jets. The water was murky like the Yarra river, with an oily film on top from people's sunscreen. You could see that it wasn't filtered with floaties everywhere at 3pm. The reflexology was fantastic. Walking up to the top springs, the views were breathtaking and this is where there was value for money. The mineral showers were very nice and fresh compared to the pools of murky water. The last thing I can comment on was the cafe. The gourmet pizzas were clearly just frozen pizzas warned up. They had run out of a lot of options and ingredients on the menu (gluten free curried lentil pie, Vietnamese salad, even guacamole for the nachos) by the time I got served by the slow and rude lady at the counter. I tasted the pasty which was beautiful but unfortunately the salads my friends bought tasted bland and the nachos missing the guacamole were far from delicious. The cafe could be better and could leave a great lasting impression for the springs but did not. The highs were the therapeutic music, the mineral showers, the reflexology (although a lot of stones were missing), the ducks in the swamp sleeping near the pools, the breath taking views and the clean toilets and showers. The lows were the murky unfiltered water, smell in the cave, Cafe food and customer service at the cafe and lack of privacy in terms of plants as more and more people arrived.

3 Thank JohnSmithsGetaway
PeninsulaHotSprings, Owner at Peninsula Hot Springs, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear JohnSmithsGetaway,
Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Peninsula Hot Springs. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the various bathing experiences and breathtaking views.

In regards to pool hygiene, our pools are drained and cleaned every night and filled with fresh thermal mineral water direct from the source every morning. Throughout the day fresh natural thermal water continually flows into the pools. Each pool has its own fresh water supply and the pools are not connected to one another. At no stage is the water ever re-circulated or re-used. On busy days the water flow is faster to ensure that the water is kept warm and elements like sunscreen are expelled at a quicker rate.

The pizzas in the café are produced fresh every day. The pizza dough is sourced from a local pizza restaurant and the toppings are all prepared onsite. We are disappointed to hear that our customer service and food quality affected your experience. At Peninsula Hot Springs we strive to provide a high level of customer service across all aspects of our business. We will be following up with the cafe managers to ensure that this does not happen again. We will pass on your feedback regarding the nachos, salads and reduced options.
We hope to see you back at Peninsula Hot Springs.
Warm Regards,

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Really good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very relaxing. Went mid week at about 5pm and it was actually really quiet. Had the top spring to ourselves and really enjoyed the spring at the very bottom with the jets. We only checked out the public bathing but I think seeing as this was so good you wouldn't worry about doing the private springs!!

2 Thank Wallsy83
Stotfold, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“Very therapeutic but not cheap”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A great relaxing experience with a variety of pools with a range of temperatures. The pool temperatures are graded as you go up towards a great top level pool with excellent views. This pool does get a bit busy though. There is one lower pool that has push button spa jets and another that has a 15 minute cycle. Unfortunately, the push button spa jet pool gets very busy. Overall, it is a very therapeutic experience but the entry cost if fairly expensive.

2 Thank Chris F
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Relaxing day out”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I visited the springs on my own online research. The springs are beautifully located in the coastal hinterland. There are quite a few pools to choose from. however, navigating among them tends to be confusing

we also chose the massage option. the masseuse were great and were very interested in providing great service.

Hilltop pool is quite expensive though

1 Thank Puzari
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hard to navigate”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I visited the springs on my own for a bit if R & R. I am definitely not spatially inept, but I found that without a map that it was hard to navigate my way around. Now I realise that what I thought was the the hill-top pool was probably the top of the gully! So I have therefore missed the essential pool with views as I couldn't find it! Would be good if there was map signage throughout rather than just at the entrance. The facilities were really great here, clean, modern and eco-looking. But I think it is pretty cheeky to charge an extra $2 for a locker. That should be included considering the price. I visited late arvo, mid-week and although it was not busy at all, the noise of people talking loud (which is not allowed there) irritated me as I went there to relax. I found that no sooner I had found a spot that was quiet, a group of people would come over talking really loudly. I would not recommend the general bathing section to anyone wanting to have some peace and quiet. I would think that the daydreaming or private baths would be better for that.

3 Thank AverageJaneBlo
PeninsulaHotSprings, Owner at Peninsula Hot Springs, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hi AverageJaneBlo,
Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Peninsula Hot Springs. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities.
As you noted, the Spa Dreaming Centre bathing and private baths are perfect if you are seeking a peaceful and tranquil bathing experience. Towel, robes and locker hire is included in the price of entry in this area.
In regards to signage, we are currently undergoing a signage audit and will be installing interpretive signage shortly. The signage will make it easier to navigate around our facilities with visual images. We also encourage guests to approach our friendly staff if they are unsure of how to find certain pools or facilities.
In the Bath House, we offer open lockers free of charge or secured lockers for $2.
We hope to welcome you back to Peninsula Hot Springs to enjoy to serenity of the Spa Dreaming Centre.
Warm Regards,