“Italian restaurants please take notes!!”
Review of Lucini's

Lucini's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Italian without all the bells and whistles, step inside this gem and get whisked away to a scence from country Italy....The macoroni factory with all its cracks and concrete floors are an ideal setting for what can only be described as hearty, honest and AUTHENTIC meals!!
I am sure that it was my own mother or aunts who prepared our meals with love.....forget Lygon St, worth the drive from Melbourne if you want to experience a true Italian experience and the bonus is you can experience Hepburn at the same time.

2  Thank Melbs75
There are newer reviews for Lucini's

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This place is an experience, not just a meal. Maria is a wonderful Italian cook, with food you'd wish your Italian grandmother could cook, if you had one. This is not tricked up restaurant food, just great food cooked with love and full of flavour. And then there is the old Macaroni Factory, built in the 1860's, with photos on the walls of Maria's ancestors who came to Australia in the late 1850's.
In short, go because the food is great, but go also because the atmosphere is wonderful and Maria and Eleanor will really look after you.

2  Thank Navigat0r
Reviewed February 1, 2012

After reading up on Daylesford and it's surrounding areas, I thought I'd try Lucini's. Especially being married to an Italian, I thought he'd appreciate it, given its grounded roots in the town's history. We thought we'd wing it by not making a booking, but on arrival we were greeted by a very hospitable waiter, who was happy to seat us at any table we prefered. We chose a little table, inside a little room, beside a little window, with a view of their al fresco seating under grape vines. We both agreed the place could easily give you the sense that you've been transported to Italy, with its trademark villa-style exterior and its rustic country interior. We each had a glass of red accompanied with a nice big pasta meal (I recommend their signature dish), with sides of a salad and garlic bread. We also shared a dessert plate, and with a total spend of roughly $65 we were happy! I must mention our meals tasted like true Italian home-cooking, which I find quite rare when dining out. Later in the evening we were all greeted by the owner who presented a brief speech on the history of the building, where you discover she is a direct descendent of the family and our waiter was in fact her son!
Overall, Lucini tops my favourite Italian restaurants list.

2  Thank M C
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Fabulous food! Service was great. Our waiter was full of charm which added to our meal :)

2  Thank Marika S
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great food, price and variety would go back again!

3  Thank Frequentoztravellers