“Work Conference”

Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hepburn Springs
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Attended a 2 day work conference and stayed in the main building. Room not that large. Staff very good. Bar service and drink selections excellent. Fireplace and couches nice and warm. conference facilities and food all good. Great little bar over the road called the Palais where Matt and his wife are the hosts with the most!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Hi Nick,
Thanks for you feedback on your recent visit to Peppers Mineral Springs Retreat. We don’t often receive feedback from our conference delegates so we appreciate hearing from you! We‘re glad that our facilities met your requirements and we would love to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

During my recent stay at Peppers my fiancé and I stayed in a traditional garden room - the room was picture perfect and also heated up for our arrival! Each day it was made up again beautifully. We enjoyed all our experiences at Peppers including dinner at the Argus, breakfast and lunch at the Conservatory and especially the Mineral spa!! My fiancé also had a deep tissue massage as he has struggled in pain for several years with a lower back and glutes injury.. since having the massage he has felt so much better! He was really worried as the last time he had this type of massage (at a different resort) he woke up the next day in worse shape than ever but this time the results have been amazing so thank you!! I would definitely recommend the retreat and will hopefully return soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Angela,
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay. I’m glad to hear that you liked our Traditional Garden Rooms, we always try to have them warm and inviting on arrival (especially during the cooler months).
I will pass on your feedback to The Mineral Spa also. We have some very skilled therapists at The Mineral Spa, each with their own area of expertise. We hope that your fiance has continued to feel better since his visit and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

From the time I arrived I was spoiled. The spar room I was in was extremely comfortable the king size bed luxurious. The meal I had in the Angus restaurant was to die for. The day I had in the mineral spar retreat was extremely decadent but spiritually rejuvenating. Over all I would recommend Peppers Spar Retreat to my friends it is a holiday destination not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for your great feedback. It sounds as though you enjoyed everything that we have to offer here at Peppers Mineral Springs Retreat, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I really enjoyed a recent mid-week night away in this beautiful old building. My room was the smallest and nothing extravagant but absolutely fine for me on my own (there was no alarm clock but this wasn't a problem for me). I was impressed by the chef who created a vegetarian evening snack on the spot for me when the other vegie option on the bar menu was unavailable. I enjoyed this tasty dish and a glass of something from the bar in front of the fire in the lounge area all on my own. Bliss! Earlier I had a great light lunch in The Conservatory. I'd certainly love to return and would recommend Peppers Mineral Springs Retreat to others who enjoy some quietness and class!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lib68

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed a quiet & relaxing mid-week stay. Mid-week is a great time to visit the area and enjoy peace and quiet as we tend to have less visitors than over weekends. The Chef was very pleased to hear your feedback also! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for two nights for work purposes. It is a truly beautiful place to
stay. I am very much looking forward to returning with my husband. Staff
We're very friendly. The food from breakfast to dinner was just delicious. Really
Great food. Has very enjoyable dining experiences at breakfast, a lunch and
Dinner. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Jenpiccalo, General Manager at Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We would love to see you return with your husband. We have a number of packages that may suit you on a future visit including accommodation, meals and treatments at the spa or you can opt just for accommodation and add on your own extras from there. You can view all of our packages and pricing at our website or call our reservations team and they will be happy to assist. Thanks again

Reviewed July 18, 2012

It was not a good start to begin with..... it was confusing to find the reception area even though there is signs, when you walk into reception you can not see anyone as they are hiding away in an office behind a dividing wall. me and my partner waited there looking lost for a few minutes before we went in search to find another staff member to help us out.

The check in was easy and fast thankfully.

once we got into our room, we were in complete shock of how completely different the room was from advertised(talk about false advertisement, photos show a beautiful room, reality... motel standard).
*the door to the tidy balcony did not shut and was jammed( had to use great force to open and close the door)
*Split system heater only functioned for 10-15 mins before it decided to stop blowing any warm air out (not pleasant being a cold winter night)
*Fan in the bathroom didn't work at all (having a shower ends up into a very foggy)
*Electric blanket didn't turn on
*The bed was hard as rocks, and as were the pillows (worst sleep ever)

It was hard to find any staff around, it was like a ghost hotel, breakfast was very simple and not much on offer.

On a nicer note.... Definitely recommend have a drink in front of the fire in the lounge area and the Spa treatments at the Retreat

Room Tip: stayed in a room with a spa... dont book!! if you wan your moneys worth book a villa. request not t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jliistro
Jenpiccalo, General Manager at Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback either critical or favourable as it helps us to identify areas that may need improvement. Your feedback is certainly not indicative of the kind of feedback that we usually receive and it is disappointing to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations.
As I am unsure of the exact circumstances surrounding the issues that you experienced in your room, I can only hope that you raised them with the staff at the time so that they could be rectified. We trust that our guests will give us every opportunity to resolve minor issues whilst they are still here so that they can get the most out of their stay. Again, I am unsure of the exact dates of your stay or if other rooms were available at the time, however we would certainly have been happy to show you other rooms if you were unhappy with the room that you were allocated.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay, particularly The Retreat at The Mineral Spa and our recently refurbished lounge areas. We would certainly welcome you again in the future and if you would like to discuss your feedback further, please don’t hesitate to call.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was impressed with the rooms, we stayed in the Gatsby Room this was a classy room.

The massage was great and relaxing.

We enjoyed eating at the Thai restaurant which is just a short 2 minute walk from peppers, their are also a number of other restaurants along the street.

Looking forward to going again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the feedback regarding your stay with us back in August last year. We were glad to hear that you loved the Gatsby Room. It is the most unique of all of our rooms and we receive a lot of positive feedback about it. The Thai Restaurant has actually closed since you were here last, however the chefs from there have opened a new place in Daylesford only a few minutes drive away. Ask us about them next time you are here and we can let you know their new address. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hepburn Springs
#1 of 5 in Hepburn Springs
Central Springs Inn
Central Springs Inn
#5 of 5 in Daylesford

Been to Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!