“Lovely food and great service”
Review of Darmagi - CLOSED

Darmagi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The service was very friendly, and we liked the open kitchen where you could see your meal being prepared and cooked. We had the Zucchini flowers for entree which were lovely, and for mains we had the lamb rump and steak which were both cooked to perfection. We also ordered a side of their homemade coleslaw, which had beautiful light and fresh flavours...it wasn't your typical creamy mayo coleslaw, but more of a coleslaw with a vinegarette. For dessert we had the panacotta with berries and it was just divine! Reasonably priced for the quality of the food, and overall great experience.

1  Thank 268tanyah

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

It was a Sat night and the place looked great the service felt like a 5 star restaurant, the waiters know their wines and the night was very promising. Entree was adequate & mains were a letdown with very tough overcooked meat, this 'medium-well' should never have left the kitchen, we were so disappointed we didn't have dessert. Yes to the place, but don't order the steak!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Service was great, and atmosphere fabulous, a very friendly place and very proffesional, I was dissapointed with my main (veal) it was extremely tuff and uninteresting on the plate. I found there wines way overpriced also. i was looking forward to the experience given the reviews and confused as to why they talk it up so much.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Visited twice over the Melbourne Cup long weekend such was our experience on Saturday night. My wife and I brought our three young children in tow (5, 2 & 6 mths) and the staff at Darmagi could not have been more obliging. Service was slick, friendly and knowledgeable; the wine list was extensive and reasonably priced (particularly the Sardinian house red) and the food simple but divine. We enjoyed our first visit so much we immediately booked a table for Monday night. On both occasions we ordered the olives with chargrilled bread, prosciutto and salami and tonight we also had a lovely mozzarella, peppers and anchovy salad. My wife and I each had the flank steak on Saturday (cooked to medium rare perfection and perfectly seasoned) and tonight we shared a duck breast and pork loin. The service is top shelf - friendly, informative and professional without being overbearing or absent. I would love a local like this...shame I live 75 minutes away in Melbourne! I hope the locals realize how good they have it!

1  Thank AB_McInerney76
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Really lovely, quality food, delicious wine, found the service a little scarily attentive at first but soon got used to it. Yum yum yum, lucky Hepburn locals.