Bellinzona Grange
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Dudley Boutique Hotel(Hepburn Springs)
View Hotel
Hepburn Springs Motor Inn(Hepburn Springs)
Tangenong Cottages(Hepburn Springs)
  • Spa
Hotel Frangos(Daylesford)
Lake House(Daylesford)
  • Spa
  • Pool
All reviewsgames roomtable tennisindoor poolheritage restauranthigh teabuffet breakfastcheese platterdining roomtwo singlescreaky floorsbaked beansnext morningdeluxe roomheritage feelnice breakfaststate forestold style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I found a deal on Wotif and by the time I went to book it, they had sold out! I called the hotel and they quickly loaded more deals onto WOTIF instead of charging me full price. I booked with another couple fo girlfriends and asked that we get put near one another- arrived and this was sorted out. Concierge staff were so helpful and friendly- to the point where we wanted to share a celebratory drink in the gardens and they arranged a bucket of ice to be brought out, and a water jug and glasses.
The Pool was divine, and the spa and sauna amazing. We were supposed to go to the Hepburn Bathouse - but once we settled in at the Grange we didnt feel the need. We brought our own facials (!) to the hotel and ended up treating ourselves in the garden area- because we felt that comfortable there and didnt want to move. All the guests seemed to be enjoying the weather, the beautiful views out the back from the deck of the mountains and trees. The gardens are pristine here!! We loved the common lounge rooms at the end of the hallways to rooms- in case you just wanted to sit and relax and watch TV with friends and get out of your room- mind you the rooms were lovely, clean. Nice quality linen, big bathrooms, flat screen tvs, minibars, x2 spare doonas in each room!
Breakfast the next day was yum- home made baked beans, hash browns, eggs three ways, juices, fresh coffee- and the staff so attentive and friendly. It felt like a B&B - but on a grand scale. So happy- and will be back as often as I can!!!

Room Tip: We booked a twin room and a superior room- the twin had a bigger room - so i think in hindsight we'd go twin next time for both.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I were given a Red Balloon Package voucher for Grange Bellinzona and Acqua Viva Spa by our children for a Christmas present. I booked an extra night at the hotel as well as an extra treatment at the Spa, to make a complete weekend of the experience.

The hotel looked wonderful, and as we weren't sure how to locate the off street private car parking, parked immediately in front of the main reception steps. This proved to be an ideal option, if not actually better. We found the staff were not only helpful, but friendly as well, and this was a great first impression.

The room with was booked was a 'Superior' room. Whilst it was clean and the ensuite was also nice and clean, we did have a few problems. The king bed was actually two singles together, and although I found the mattress very comfortable, the ridge where the two beds met was a bit of a problem. The room we were allocated was 204, and was the only room in that wing whose window faced the service way. All we heard all night was pumps or motors starting up and running, and since we were unable to alter the thermostat and the room was too warm for us, we had to open the window for some cool air.

I was surprised that we were given this room as the hotel was nowhere near full, and there were no major functions book on the Friday night we were there, or the Saturday night.

Having said all this, I would stay here again, but I would request NOT ROOM 204!!!!

In case I wasn't clear about the staff (from Front Desk personnel, to Breakfast room staff and Bar staff), they were very helpful and could not have been more pleasant!!!!

Room Tip: Request any superior room (if you don't mind a King bed being two singles joined together), and do not stay in room 204.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pam A
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have just come back from a lovely break at Bellinzona, we stayed in the cottages which were a little dated however this was more than compensated by the wonderful staff. Steve who took our booking and checked us in could not have done more to help us enjoy ourselves throughout our stay. The pool and spa area was great and the gardens are beautiful. Breakfast was lovely and again the staff were helpful, especially Tim. We are looking forward to our next break there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My daughter and I have just spent 2 nights (midweek) at Bellinzona Grange. What a beautiful place. The old style grace of the building was charming and set the mood. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and spacious. The pool & spa area was clean and fantastic for cooling down after a hot day. The games room kept us occupied in the evening. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast menu catered for any taste and the pancakes were delicious. We highly recommend Bellinzona Grange.

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs as the building is huge and spread over 4 levels.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Very relaxing night away at this hotel. Staff were excellent. The room was very nice, fairly basic but you don't need anymore. Fridge & tea/coffee making facilities. Very nice shower.
Very good buffet breakfast.
The only negative is the inter-room noise, and noise from the corridors. I would not like to stay there when they have a wedding on.

• Stayed: January 2013