“Perfect for a romantic getaway without breaking the budget”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Daylesford
Spa & Fire Guesthouse
Ranked #16 of 23 Daylesford B&B and Inns
“Perfect for a romantic getaway without breaking the budget”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

When we arrived for our first getaway as newlyweds we found the keys and welcoming letter in an envelope and entered this charming cottage.
Christine was very helpful over the phone and our room was all ready for us complete with chocolates and the pleasant aroma of candles
We took advantage of the relaxing spa on many occasions accompanied by the wood fire which provided a romantic setting for our honeymoon
Park your car and walk everywhere for coffee or a good feed or take a short drive to Hepburn Springs for some mineral water and a picnic
We will definately be back

• Stayed February 2011
4 Thank SimonandTanyaT

Families
Business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

When asking around as to where in Victoria would be a good place to visit in order to relax, the general consensus was Daylesford. I looked on Trip Advisor for highly-rated accommodation, and I ended up staying at the Spa & Fire Guesthouse. I was not at all disappointed.

I had the largest of the rooms available toward the back. I stayed in late May and it was cold and rainy my entire stay. However, I didn't notice it much! My room was always warm and cozy. As I was traveling solo, I ended up staying in the room writing for most of my stay. There is something very comforting and inspiring about the Spa & Fire. And the spa in my room was heaven! (My only disappointment with this is that the spa takes quite a long time to fill up and doesn't get scalding hot like I prefer. This, however, didn't phase me much at all.)

Chris was an absolute delight to work with. While she usually has couples staying at the guesthouse, she was happy to fit me in solo and even let me have a very late check-out since my bus back to the cit wasn't leaving until 5PM. She was able to recommend a number of activities within walking distance, including (of course) an excellent day spa.

Needless to say, I loved my stay at the Spa & Fire. Next time I'm up in Daylesford, it will definitely be my accommodation of choice again!

Just one question: Can I move in?!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Room type: Standard room, double spa in a dedicated bathroom down the hallway. TV, microwave, coffee and tea facilities, hairdryers. FIRE PLACE. Room heater with electric blankets. DVD player.

Location: Main road in Daylesford leading from the city. On the left just opposite the Coles Express service station. Five/ten minute walk to Vincent street (main street).

Short version: Nice, rustic and romantic. Each room has a fire place and if you've booked the deep spa, you won't be disappointed. The owner showed me the room. Close to the main strip and the Sunday market is about 10 minutes walk up the hill.

Long version: First of all, it's a "one man band" type scenario, so don't expect a concierge to come out and greet you. That said, the owner is charming and very helpful. Once you've picked up the keys, they'll pointed out all the good places to be.

The rooms are clean, neat and tidy before you get there. Essential oils already burning in the room. The spa bathroom is nice and clean.

Nicely priced, it's not bad for a couples getaway.

The only criticism that one of the remotes wasn't working, but for a romantic weekend away, that's a good thing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KaKwok
Reviewed August 23, 2010

A great little restored cottage, simple, very clean, plenty of ambience. Christine was so enthusiastic about Daylesford and the surrounding area, and that enthusiasm was catching. Loved the place for it's simplicity and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jpanic1
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I stayed in the deluxe room and would reccomend this room to others. I loved the large spa with fireplace opposite. The air con kept the separate bedroom very warm and the room was tastefully decorated. With wooden furniture and some artwork it felt very warm. Christine was extremely pleasant & helpful when communicating on the phone & gave suggestions of what to do in walking distance, being aware that I was coming via public transport. Would come back. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank bluejasmine83
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I think the people running this place do a great job with the asset they have: a host received me in person, was attentive, answered my questions and gave me a map. The owners also did a great job in decorating the and furnishing the room. Plus it has a small garden.
However, I found the room a bit dark and since the only indoor common space we had access to (at least when I was there) was a small dinning room, I felt that there was not a place to just hang out and enjoy (unless I wanted to be in my room).
In addition, I felt that the price was high for what you get (it is a nice room but in a simple house, with no special views, parking or breakfast included). Maybe Daylesford is expensive, but as a tourist I found other B&B's in Australia that offered much more for similar prices.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Traveller100Global
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Our stay at Spa Fire was very short however the small little things made the impression. The electric blanket was put on before our arrival, delicious treats placed on the bed, lit candles and the fire crackling in the background created the perfect romantic mood. The proprietor also made spa/massage bookings on our behalf with Endota Spa which was convenient - the spa/massage treatment was perfect and invigorating! All we had to do was turn up - it was all taken care of!
Location wise, it was right around the corner from the market, Mercato's, Cliffy's, and the township.
Overall a perfect weekend in Daylesford! Will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mel12377
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daylesford
Hotel Frangos
#4 of 23 in Daylesford
Daylesford Royal Hotel
Daylesford Royal Hotel
#2 of 23 in Daylesford

Been to Spa & Fire Guesthouse? Share your experiences!