“Gorgeous surrounds & food!”
Review of Wombat Hill House

Wombat Hill House
Ranked #17 of 64 Restaurants in Daylesford
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Telephone + 61 3 4373 0099
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love eating here. Peaceful & beautiful surrounds. Friendly service. Great food! Doesn't get much better!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Lunched here yesterday with my husband. Setting in the gardens is lovely and the outside area in the vegie garden was shaded and comfortable - apart from the woman smoking at a nearby table. No ashtrays provided, so her butt ended up on the ground. When will cafes and restaurants get the message that most of us like to eat without second-hand smoke as an accompaniment to our meals?
Food choices aren't extensive and meals weren't large for the price charged, but our salad was delicious, as were the moroccan pasties with kasoubi.
Will try again, as the setting is so pretty and the surrounding gardens, with their mature trees are wonderful.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my husband and a good friend for lunch. It was very expensive and the food mediocre at best. Seating outside was random. Vegetable beds were a bad decision as when the wind blows dirt blows with it.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

i had breakfast at Wombat Hill House this morning. The friends I was with had been there before, but this was my first time. I had the ricotta pancakes with bacon and maple syrup and they were delicious. There were three pancakes, but two would have been enough - still didn't stop me eating that last pancake! I had an espresso coffee and it was silky smooth. They also make a great Bloody Mary. The service was good, the staff were friendly and we decided that next time we are in Daylesford we will try their lunch menu.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've been to Wombat Hill House on 3 separate occasions. The first time was 6 months ago for lunch. We arrived at 1pm and all that was available was a pre made chicken sandwiches on display in the fridge unit. My family did not want the pizza special and of course breakfast was not an option. We ordered the Chicken sandwiches, there was little else available on the menu.
To our disappointment the sandwich bread was stale due to being uncovered in the chilled unit, it had dried out . We asked if it could be toasted to which we were told NO. I then found a 4cm chicken bone in the middle of the filling. If I had not discovered the bone I would have choked. The waiter was shown the bone to which she responded " No extra charge for that ". The second visit to WHC was 2 months later. We decided to try breakfast with some friends. We arrived around 10am and were immediately told that most of the breakfast menu was unavailable. We ordered coffee and asked if we could order scrambled eggs and bacon. The waiter wasn't sure and after further discussion he reluctantly took our order. We received a small bowl of dry scrambled eggs and 1 piece of bacon( no bread either } that will be $17 each said the waiter and in future we don't do items not on the menu.
Our third and final visit was today 28/10 12. We took a friend for lunch and arrived early at 12pm. We found very little on offer... pizza, meatballs and a chicken sandwich. The special board items were N/A and we were told, that's the way it is.... There were only 10 customers in the cafe. We ordered 3 chicken sandwiches in desperation however this time we cold have them toasted. The bill was $46 for 3 sandwiches and 2 soft drinks. Do not recommend.

1  Thank tnu23