“Good, But Expensive... Very Vego Friendly”

Himalaya Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Daylesford
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 10, 2017

I went in for a quick snack. They had a good range of baked goods in their cabinet, with a lot of options for vegetarians and vegans. Of course with the niche, comes the price tag... I got a Belgian Chocolate-Filled Croissant. It wasn't quite a croissant, too dense and bready, and the filling was solid chocolate, I almost broke a tooth biting into it! But it tasted good enough. Not for $5 though. I'd definitely go back to give their other products a try though; the Dark Chocolate Orange cake looked good!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Very friendly, smiling & helpful staff, fabulous sour dough bread! Will be back on return to the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

It was late afternoon on the day we arrived in Daylesford. I wanted some lunch, something light to hold me until our dinner at the Lake House later than evening. Here's a note to remember for visitors to Daylesford in winter. Most cafes close at 3:30 or 4pm. Many cafes have closed their kitchens for lunch by 3pm-ish and only offer coffee and cake before they close. Many cafes are closed on either Tuesday and/or Wednesday. They appear to have their weekend in the middle of the week. However, I did find Himalaya Bakery and Cafe that was open and offering a full menu. I enjoyed a large bowl of pumpkin and coconut soup served with sourdough bread. It was just what I needed to keep my hunger appeased and still leave me ready for the gourmet dinner we were going to enjoy a few hours later. Himalaya has a wonderful range of cakes to enjoy, including the hugest sweet scroll/snail pastry. It would tame the hungriest appetite. We bought a walnut and date slice the next day to have as an afternoon snack. Apart from the tasty food and sweet treats, it was a bonus that Himalaya stays open until late afternoon.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Can only comment on the bread products & coffee as we didn't eat in. The loaves we purchased on several days were delicious, even when toasted on an open fire. They were dense and full of flavours.
Coffee was well poured, though a little on the cool side.
Probably wouldn't eat in as the dining area is doesn't flow well and is cramped as it is combined with the bread shop section of the store, so lots of jostling about. I do like the shelf specially designed to put handbags/shopping bags on instead of the counter.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Very busy café but was able to get a seat. Warm atmosphere as the staff were very friendly and the food suited the cold day. We even returned on another day.

Date of visit: June 2017