“Painful but skilled”

Daylesford Healing Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Daylesford’s only complete healing space for mind, body and soul. From massages to beauty therapy; tarot to reiki sessions; vibrosaun to bliss packages, you’ll emerge relaxed, rejuvenated and at peace. We offer an extensive range of treatments to bring harmony to your body, mind, and soul, each performed by our experienced therapists, who’ve been specially chosen for the knowledge, compassion and genuine care that they bring to their work. Whether you’re indulging in one of our luxurious pampering packages, enjoying a massage or healing session or simply browsing in our store you’ll discover that our focus is always on inspiring and uplifting you. We stock a great range of inspiring and uplifting books, CDs, crystals, jewellery, oracle and tarot cards, singing bowls, incense, candles, essential oils, flower essences, natural skin care and more. We look forward welcoming you to our beautiful region.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My mum, my sister and myself all got a deep tissue massage at Daylesford Massage Healing Centre. All of the therapists were extremely well qualified and experienced. My mum emerged with the comment that she wished her massage would never end. My own massage was less relaxing and more painful - my therapist was addressing trigger points very firmly and I had to endure quite a few moments of agony - but I did so gladly because his treatment was about treating muscular issues and not about relaxation. (*Lucky I had that dreamy facial at a fancy spa earlier in the day). He was quite like an osteo in the way he approached things, and I liked that. The massage centre is at the back of the kind of shop I particularly dislike - crystals, incense, self-help books, that kind of thing - but I'd happily overlook those things again for the well-qualified and genuinely remedial massage offered in the clean, professional centre upstairs.

DMHC, Owner at Daylesford Healing Massage, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Sometimes it is a case of no pain no gain and it sounds like you benefited from allowing the therapists to dig deep in order to release some deeply held tension. We look forward to seeing you and you Mum and sister again - and by the way our team also do great 'dreamy facials'. Something for everyone at the Daylesford Massage Healing Centre and shop!! Thank you so much for writing your review, I really do appreciate it.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"feeling"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My partner purchased me a 3 1/2 hour package for my birthday just after giving birth to our baby girl. Even though he purchased a certain package the massage therapist I had allowed me to tweak the timing of things so as to enjoy more of what I liked. The staff were so professional down stairs and my therapist John went above and beyond to ensure that I got the most out of my package. He advised me of what was coming up so that I was able to relax completely.. To the point that I fell asleep! I left feeling like I had just woken from a 3 days sleep. Could not recommend this place more.. And the prices are fantastic compared to some of the other spas in the area... Will definitely be going back again.. Keep up the great work guys!! One very happy customer here!!!

1  Thank Bronwyn J
DMHC, Owner at Daylesford Healing Massage, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We do appreciate your feedback and its wonderful that you were able to relax, let go and unwind. What an appropriate birthday gift for a new Mum - some time out just for you! Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you in Daylesford again some time.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My partner and I had booked in for a couple massage at the Daylesford Massage Healing centre. It was reasonably priced especially in comparison to other day spas in the area. We paid $90 per 1 hour massage ($180 for the 2 of us). One of the best massages I have ever had! The therapist knew what she was doing and targetted all the right places. I asked for a firm massage, and this lasy actually had the strength to give me a firm massage. Brilliant! Recommend, and we will definately return.

1  Thank Vessi D
DMHC, Owner at Daylesford Healing Massage, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Its is lovely of you to take the time to write your review Vessi D and it makes us very happy to have achived our goal of providing high quality professional massage by qualified and experienced practitioners. We look foward to seeing you next time you are in Daylesford.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I walked into this beautiful shop and l felt so at home, Bronwyn the owner is such a lovely woman this shop is full of so much wisdom and spiritual food for the soul, this is a must when you visit Daylesford, great for healings, readings, massages and facials and the shop has so many beautiful things you can buy. Thank you for making my week in Daylesford so much more fulfilling.

2  Thank Marie_Angel444
DMHC, Owner at Daylesford Healing Massage, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am glad that your experience of Daylesford was enhanced by visiting us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a fantastic Massage here! As a Massage Specialist myself I'm always seeking out fellow masseurs to connect with & was lucky enough to find this place!

I received a proper 'deep' massage by a masseur that clearly enjoyed his work. My partner was also relieved to experience & fantastic thorough 'intuitive' massage also.

This place seems to attract long term, professional therapists who really know there stuff. Unlike a spa, these guys get re-numerated very very well which is why some have been here for many years. Daylesford Massage Healing Centre is situated in an old but beautifully preserved building with warm, squeaky floors, high ceilings & serene decor. Located conveniently in the middle of Daylesford township, you can drift off after your massage to any of the fantastic cafes on the main street all within walking distance.

These guys know who they are & are very proud of what they do!

Skip the spas & just go here I reckon.

Will be back!

PS: Ask for therapist John Ielo...he's fab!

3  Thank Michael J
DMHC, Owner at Daylesford Healing Massage, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for your kind words Michael J. It is a thrill for us when we are appreciated for who we are what we do and we are glad you enjoyed your massages. It was great to meet you both and we look forward to seeing you again soon.