“Delicious dining near Daylesford”

Sault Restaurant Daylesford
Ranked #8 of 64 Restaurants in Daylesford
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

An excellent restaurant with great food and service. Myself,husband and two friends enjoyed a very nice night out at salt. The only drawback was the distance from Dayleford as we caught a taxi there and back. Perhaps the restaurant might benefit from operating a shuttle service.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Beautiful location, great atmosphere, attentive but not intrusive staff a very pleasant dining experience.
I asked and it is in policy to lick your plate , food was so good we did not want to leave any. Scallops to drive a long way for and the duck dishes both entree and main were special. Suckling pork was too good and the chocolate dessert was rich enough for two to share
Good selection from the cellar as well made for a very good night.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I were staying in Daylesford (wonderful place btw) and after asking around for a good place for dinner, we were recommended Sault Restaurant. We were taken back on arrival by the beautiful building (sandstone I think) and general atmosphere too (staff were very friendly). We started with a nice local wine recommended by our waitress (very nice wine) and then ordered the prosciutto wrapped scallops for starters which were just amazing! Then we ventured towards the eye fillet for our main, which was cooked to perfection and by far the best eye fillet I have tasted. We were too full for desserts but definitely next time!

All in all we had a wonderful dinner experience and thoroughly recommend Saut!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Overcooked steak - I politely asked for a replacement and waitress agreed that it was way beyond medium rare. 5 minutes later a different waitress brings my (now cold as well as overdone) steak back to me, instructing me to cut it in half to "prove it isn't red in the middle", and that it would take 20 minutes to replace.

She didn't see the irony in the point that taking 20 minutes to cook a steak might have been the problem in the first place.

Surly service, and I am sure she called me a 'tosser' as she walked away. Had to get my own coat as I left (forever).

6  Thank MrPDRB
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great venue with lovely staff, amazing food and beautiful surroundings!