“Seeing in 2013 the best way possible-forget the fireworks, see real stars dazzle..”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bundanoon
Solar Springs Health Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bundanoon
Reviewed December 31, 2012

NYE Imagine views stretching as far as you can see across the Morton National Park from a long deck sipping champagne and trying to decide what delicious food to indulge in- fresh oysters,prawns, beef and chicken dishes and a fantastic canapé tray! Look,up from the food and you will see a herd of about 15 kangaroos who I'm convinced looked up when we called Skippy for a pic!

Here are the great things about Solar Springs: Sue and Eddie and their staff go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable- if you have a request just ask the front desk staff and it will be attended to. Blissful body treatments, I mean where else can you get a pedicure that massages up to your knees and cocoons your feet in a paraffin wax wrap? The body scrub and Vichy shower was amazing and the massage was fantastic. All the body treatments are well above salon treatments in my experience.

Add to all this bush walking to explore the national park, gym classes, yoga and mediation, a full size tennis court and a sparking pool and spa which are situated to take advantage of the view
and you are beginning to get the picture!

As a solo traveller there is always a group of like minded people to share meals and activities with-then again you can retreat to the "Quiet Room" for silent privacy.

I'm happy, with regular visits to SS I have lost 10kgs and am here seeing in the NY in a very positive way. Put it on your to do list for 2013!

Room Tip: try the cottage if you come with a group of friends or room 1 or 2 if you want to splurge!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Solar Springs Health Retreat

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I recently went to solar springs for a weekend getaway - 2 night stay. It took us about a day to kind of get used to the place and not feel like the odd ones there (mainly groups of women that weekend). The room and ensuite are very average but certainly clean and Room 1 has a beautiful view. We had no complaints about the food at all. They had remembered my husbands dietary requirements and we really enjoyed the food - there was little choice but we were impressed. And you can drink wine which was a huge plus ;). I was a little intimidated at first by the group tables when we were there but it all ended up fun with nice people to talk to. But don't expect cosy romantic dinners.
I think the greatest thing about solar springs were the activities - from a beautiful glow worm walk, to yoga, to stretch classes, to fit ball, archery, aquaerobics. You can do as much as you like or as little as you like - Tip: if you put the do not disturb sign on the door they won't wake you at 7.
I would definately go back again but probably with a group of girls or my mum. Not really a romantic couple retreat, but a great place to try out new exercises, eat healthy yummy food and soak up the beauty and relaxation of Bundanoon.

Room Tip: Room 1- excellent view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CanberraSully
Reviewed July 28, 2012

You can do as little or as much as you want - there are activities for everyone. Solar Springs is my companion to keeping fit and well enough to enjoy life. With the help of SS I have kept off more than 10 kgs. Do yourself a favor and book now!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This being my second visit and so looking forward to the pleasant experience I had previously I found attitude at reception on arrival less than pleasing and not obliging, the venue as before is just a lovely warm old building with a comfortable communal living room,a great indoor pool, an average but comfy bedroom with an ensuite of which both could do with an upgrade but this I expected. We Loved the fitball class and instructor & had great massages BUT the greatest dissappointment was the HORRIBLE FOOD this time, my friend and I ate at the local cafe for all but one main meal and breakfast as you can't go too wrong with toast, cereal and boiled eggs. It appears the great chef they had before has left so no more cooking classes and the meditation class was a prerecorded CD left to listen to, several walked out in disgust. For over $800 for 3 nights you can understand my disappointment. We won't be returning !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
15  Thank mrg750
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After reading recent reviews on Solar Springs I was hesitant to book as my previous visits had been thoroughly enjoyable. I contacted Solar Springs about my concerns and was happy to make a booking. Solar Springs the venue has not changed, it is comfortable and clean and as a solo traveller it is a place where you can go and not be lonely. If you are looking for a 5 star experience wearing your Armani tracksuit, do not go. If you want to relax in a genuine environment wearing comfortable clothes and no make up, truly getting away from the normal day to day, then book now. Yes, sadly the food has changed, and there is some work to be done to get it to where it was, but unfortunately for all venues, change is inevitable and Solar Springs are doing their best to maintain their standards and most of what I experienced was pretty good. As always the treatments were good and I enjoyed my stay....again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the cottage are quieter, and good for groups of friends.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days midweek. This was our first time and we were very impressed with its location on the edge of the national park and its relaxing and healthy atmosphere. The bedroom wing showed its age, and our room was a bit cramped, but this place has been around for decades so you shouldn't expect it to be completely modern. The room didn't have a view but the 'quiet room' had a great view over the national park.
The range of food presented for each meal was limited but of good quality. It would have been nice to have good coffee though. A massage and facial was included in the package for each of us and these were thoroughly relaxing.
We were also impressed with the range of activities provided - from stretching classes to walks in the national park, to talks on a range of health-related topics.
We also borrowed a couple of bikes for a ride around Bundanoon which was great fun. As a regular bike rider I was impressed that their bikes were in good condition - unlike a number of other hotels I have visited which offer bicycles but don't look after them at all.
I would definitely stay here again when I need some stress relief.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G0Mac
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I went to Solar Springs with 6 girlfriends for a 3 day break. I have been several years ago and found it really enjoyable. Not this time however, If you have ever been there you will know that the accommodation is average but very clean, the surroundings are lovely and the treatments in the spa are usually good. For the money you pay you put up with an average room because the food in the past has been so lovely, but this time it was terrible. When I say terrible I mean terrible. I'm sure that they ordered it in and was reheated several times!! One of my friends even had a small caterpillar on her plate. On the first night I told them I didn't eat fish and I was presented with dried up round pieces of pork on top of tasteless vegetables. I wouldn't have served it to my dog! Things just got worse, there was no apology for the caterpillar and we were told that the chef had left and gone to the club to work. I don't usually complain but this was really annoying for $680 dollars for an average room and terrible food!!

Room Tip: Rooms with ensuite are good, but no electric blankets and it can be quite cool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank theresa2701
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundanoon
Peppers Manor House
Peppers Craigieburn
Links House
Links House
#1 of 9 in Bowral

Been to Solar Springs Health Retreat? Share your experiences!