“Relaxation at it's best.”

Spa at Solar Springs Health Retreat
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Bundanoon
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Relaxation at it's best.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently stayed three nights at Solar Springs to celebrate a girlfriend's birthday. They made us feel so welcome, the food was amazing, the facial, massage & pedicure all included in our package was just so enjoyable. We really "chilled out". At Solar Springs they offer stretch,yoga & fitball classes, and they have a gym. You can do as much or as little as you like, they have an indoor pool & spa, which was very clean & an outdoor area to lounge in.
There is also a small wine list, where you can order wine with your dinner.
It was a lovely break. and I would highly recommend Solar Springs to everyone.

Visited September 2013

Canberra, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best place to relax”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have travelled many times to Solar Springs and always have an excellent time there. The food is outstanding, the beauty treatments are out of this world. It is a wonderful place to go and relax and re-connect with yourself. Loved it!!!

Visited June 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Experience, sensational food and friendly staff.Breathtaking views.”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

If you want to experience a health retreat, that you can totally recouperate and relax. Than this retreat is it. After many years of staying at various health spa's around the world and having experienced 5 star luxury, this is a true down to earth experience. Excellent service from everyone.I was made to feel quite special as a single guest.
The cuisine of the resort is world class and the presentation at lunch time absolutely amazing. I did not get the chef's last name ,but Nadia cooks the most beautiful and visually presented food that I have tasted on my journeys throughout the world.
The staff are all very friendly ,and I can only highly recommend a stay in the so called " Southern Highlands"
Sue

Visited October 2011
Canberra
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Calming, scenic oasis in the Highlands”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a relaxing, or exciting, place - whatever you want it to be.
Beautiful bathrooms, all recently renovated. Lovely grounds and the most delicious food, prepared by Wayne, the one armed Chef, the best in the Highlands.
Go and enjoy!

Visited October 2010
Sydney
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant....wish I could go more!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I was actually last there in 2008 and before in 2006 - I absolutely loved it both times. A previous reviewer stated the food was simple - far from it - I think the meals are gormet. Yes they are mostly vegetarian as it is a health retreat - I think they have fish & chicken in the evenings and red meat once a week. I love the food. I really like the gym in terms of classes and instructors - they are really good at giving you the right amount of attention in the right areas...love yoga, pilates, bootcamp. They also lead groups into the national park for bushwalks - this is sooo lovely. I really enjoy the meditation. The grounds are gorgeous just to wander through. The pool is fantastic for swimming laps, aquarobics and also lying in the sun...oh and they have this spa which has the most amazing view into the bushland and hills. Now the treatments...I've had a load of them swedish, remedial, shiatsu massage, relexology, facials, body scrubs - all of them delicious. What else....oh the demonstrations...I've seen a pilates ball instruction, shiatsu massage, naturopath, nutrician. And last but not least the staff...they are sooo welcoming and lovely which really is the icing on the cake espcially when you trawl in from a busy week of work in Sydney/Canberra. Anyway thats just my thoughts on the place.....don't take my word for it.....go there....it is seriously the best $$$ I've spent!

Visited July 2010