“So much more than I expected!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shelter Cove
Inn of the Lost Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shelter Cove
Orange, California
“So much more than I expected!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

My finance & I spent a last minute, mid week, short 2 day stay here in Shelter Cove. We called every hotel, pricing a 1 night stay. We choose to stay at the Inn of the lost Coast because of the location, phone service we received & we wanted to check out the entire Hotel for our wedding. We walked in to a very clean and fresh office, Justin greeted us with a friendly smile and quickly recalled our phone conversation earlier that day. Justin was able to up grade my room to the corner location. We were just amazed by the view and the calm tranquil feel of this Inn!! The room was nice and clean. We had a peaceful night and the next day we went to visit Justin for a tour. They have everything!! They even have a sauna in the room where we will be staying on our wedding weekend! A fire pit, spa, reception room with chairs and tables. I am picky so I did have my reservations but Justin made everything so easy and he was even able to recommend several caterers to choose from. We are so excited and we can barley wait till June!!! Thank you Justin!!! WE are recommending all of our wedding quests stay here. Love the kitties by the way!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moonstonedream

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

This is the end of the world - or at least the end of California and, in fact, the western end of continental America! The hotel is not located BY the ocean - it's located ON the ocean. I'm not talking about ocean view, I'm talking about facing the breakers just below the balcony! It's breathtaking, desolate - and licking foggy. Bring a sweater and enjoy!

2 Thank SwedishMaverick
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

The racket. This evening, it has had a profound fog on Shelter Cove. A single opened hotel. The Inn of the Lost Coast. I appear. Nobody. I have to go in the kitchen to find somebody. Some minutes later, Justin (--) appears. He gives me the price for a room : 240 Dollars. An exaggerated price list. This type takes advantage that few people make turn back in this fog and at more than 40 miles of an another hotel. To avoid.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank PaulLarmond
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

Shelter Cove is a unique place on its own. Inn of the Lost Coast is the perfect place to stay at a location that is a long way from everything. We had a room with jacuzzi and sauna. Private panoramic view of the ocean that was 40 feet away. From our deck, we saw whales just outside of the surf line. Mike and Toni are wonderful hosts.

1 Thank panhead1950
Deland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This place was amazing, so worth the crazy drive! We stayed in a corner room and the views out the windows were like out of a movie. Wish we would have stayed longer. One recommendation come with your drinks and snacks everything is very expensive once you get there.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank phillippswm
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

This out of the way Inn was the best place I think my wife and I have stayed in on our travels so far in the last 10 year .The view from our suite was the best the west coast has to offer.You can set in your hot tub next to the fireplace with you wife by your side and look out the large window to see the coast as far as you mind will go next jump to the sana in your room it great. the resturant next door has great food .the romance filled the air the place is a must for pople that are in love and want a nice quite place to have a great staycation as we call it

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank northportgary
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed in this lovely inn for 2 wonderful nights . I made the reservations over the phone since this was a last-minute vacation , and Justin was kind, sweet and accommodating . While the inn was lovely by itself, his knowledge of the area and work attitude set the bar for employees who love and enjoy their work . We shall be dreaming of our next stay here .

1 Thank PZRD
#1 of 1 in Garberville
Dean Creek Resort
Dean Creek Resort
#1 of 1 in Redway

Been to Inn of the Lost Coast? Share your experiences!