“Top Inn and Innkeeper”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelter Cove
Spyglass Inn at Shelter Cove
Ranked #1 of 3 Shelter Cove B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had a wonderful five days at this excellent inn. Quality materials and fixtures; great mattress; great water pressure; beautiful view of the ocean; a five-minute walk from the southern end of incredible Black Sands Beach. Also a two-minute walk from the town's new pizza place and bakery, which was delicious. Thoughtful touches throughout like individually set combination locks on the doors, so no keys to fumble with or forget. Fast wireless Internet connection. Coffee maker, full refrigerator, microwave, toaster. Owner Richard is a pleasure to deal with and an amazingly gracious and thoughtful host. On a sunny day, the drive to Ferndale is INSANELY beautiful. Likewise the Sinkyone Wilderness area. Jaw-dropping views of the sea.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Barry E

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I spend two nights of an amazing trip up the California at the Spyglass Inn and we were truly impressed!! Richard and his wife were gracious hosts! The room was awesome it was nice to wake up watching the moon set over the Pacific, the views were spectacular!! Our only recommendation is bring enough food to cook for the time you are there, the local restaurant is not very good. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Spyglass room, great spot!!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son and I stayed here for two nights and enjoyed it very much. The couch folds out into a pretty comfortable bed with a wonderful ocean view and the ocean is seen from the bedroom, as well! Richard was very helpful and made dinner reservations for us. The room was very clean and well maintained with a nice, well-stocked kitchen. We liked the atmosphere of Shelter Cove - very small town - where everyone stops to talk to you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with wonderful views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights at The Spyglass Inn and stayed at the Spyglass suite. Very comfortable, clean with a spacious deck and the owners are good people. The Spyglass Inn is the best place to stay at Shelter Cove because it is NEW and the online pictures not misleading. We travel a lot and I am "over particular" and very fussy with hotel rooms and location. We highly recommend the Inn and visiting Shelter Cove off season.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

From the easy reservation process to making dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant to a great CLEAN place to stay and awesome views you cannot go wrong with this place. My wife and I have traveled this Country from Hawaii to Maryland and this place tops all. This place was not only clean and comfortable but also had all of the accommodation of home from the full size fridge to the utensils necessary and the view from the balcony was amazing as we watched the sunset. The only other thing that we needed was more time to enjoy the views and comfort.

Room Tip: They are all good
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Thank goodness we stayed more than one night-- we had never been to Shelter Cove before and enjoyed our two-night stay at this great Inn.We were lucky with perfect weather, too.I am glad we brought food (and wine) with us because the tiny town has limited dining options. The fish and chips( at the deli ) were wonderful! The locals were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We had a non-jacuzzi room, which I prefer.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here, over Labor Day weekend, for our 5th anniversary. We were looking for a place to comfortably relax and get 'off the grid' for a little while; the Shelter Cove Inn fit the bill beautifully. The rooms are a great mix of luxury type amenities with a very rustic, 'off-the-beaten-path' location. We were a bit sad when we had to return to the real world (as it were). Richard and Margaret are also extremely accommodating and friendly hosts!

The in room kitchens are generously equipped for those who wish to do their own cooking. I'd generally recommend this if you're staying for any length of time; there are a couple of good, local restaurants, but choices are understandably limited in such a small community. You're also best off buying your food before getting to Shelter Cove. I think there's a small general store, but I suspect it's probably a bit pricey with limited selection. There's some larger stores in the Redway/Garberville area, but I have to say that those seemed a bit pricey as well (at least compared to CO standards). If one flies into one of the Bay Area airports, it might be interesting to check food prices in some of the more populated areas closer to the Bay Area.

We've definitely added this to our short list of places we'd like to go back to on future "romantic getaway" type trips!

I could also comment, at length, on some of the outdoor types of activities available in the Shelter Cove/King Range area, but I digress... ;)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Dolphin room, but all of the rooms look quite nice. My impression is that the two u...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelter Cove
Benbow Historic Inn
Benbow Historic Inn
#1 of 5 in Garberville
The Shelter Cove Oceanfront Inn
Best Western Plus Humboldt House Inn

Been to Spyglass Inn at Shelter Cove? Share your experiences!