“First Time Rappelling” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westside Adventures

Westside Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer the best and most extreme adventures in the west side of Puerto Rico! From enjoying relaxing crystal clear waters, to rappelling down 280 feet into a cave, or even 320 feet to witness one of the most amazing waterfalls on the island. Please visit our site and use our difficulty rating to pick the right adventure for you. Optional transportation services for our visitors. Minimum age for most adventures is 7.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First Time Rappelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My 9 year old son has always had something with the outdoors. I wanted to give him something special so I did some research on the internet and found WSA. We had never done this before but thought that he might enjoy it so I made the reservations. Let me tell you that the tour guide, Noel, is the best. Very friendly and helpful. We got to the location and had to hike for an hour for our first drop. My son wanted to go first so after a brief lesson with Noel, my son got geared up and started to do down the cliff. At first he was really scared but once he did it, I told my brother that the others will be a piece of cake. I can go on for ever and tell you about this place. The guides are the best, the location is beautiful, the water is crystal clear even at 20 feet. It is cold but great. At the end of the last cliff, we got a chance to jump off a huge rock around 20 - 30 feet high into the crystal clear pond. Once we did the whole thing, we had to hike back to the vehicles, yeah for an hour. Take along plenty of water and food, you will go through it, trust me. And a water proof camera. They take pics along the way and they do send them to you but it is always good to have your own camera. Once we got back to the vehicles, Noel told the group that my son was the youngest person ever to do this in his outfit, he is only 9 and the record before was 12. He made my son feel very special and that is something that he will never forget. We are going back in a couple of weeks to do the 250 drop into a cave then another 65 feet drop deeper. I am told to bring flashlights and glow sticks because you can't even see your hand in front of your face. I recommend that if you visit Puerto Rico, make the drive to the other side of the island and book this adventure, you will not regret it.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Ramon R

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of the most rememberable moments in my life!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

First and foremost I love supporting individuals that are or once were prior service (military). Once learned that one of the owner's served in the Navy I was sold! Now on to the fun stuff. I considered myself fit and NEVER have repelled or climbed vertical walls. It was my 30 birthday and I wanted to live life on the edge and do a real adventure. I spent countless hours researching and I mean countless... we all know when you search the same ones come out. So I checked all those out one by one I wasn't happy with what the tour was offering or price tag. I found one but the cost was through the roof $165 per person!!!!! Ya, I wanted an adventure but not at the expense of my wallet! I somehow randomly found Puerto Rico Westside Adventures. Unlike the other extreme tours this one did not have a lot of reviews but had excellent ratings... at first I thought maybe they went out of business... at which time I was super bummed. The tours they offered seemed just like what I wanted! Oh ya and the PRICE was below $100 per person which hey we all are trying to save ;). Anyways, the cave tour is actually fairly new and that is why it does not have as many reviews as the other tours that have been around a lot longer. I will not spoil it but all I can say I am in the military and have had a tour in Afghanistan and this was an adrenaline junkies dream. Oh if you're afraid of heights DO NOT do it!! 280ft repel. If you're claustrophobic then DO NOT do it!! You have to crawl in tight areas in some spots. If you're not fit DO NOT do it!! it is very physical. I cannot say enough good things about this tour company, the owner, and the guides. I felt safe at all times and the tour guides were pleasant to be around. I LOVE IT and can't wait to go back to do their other tours!!!!!!

Visited February 2014