“Great”

Lupitos Comida Mexican
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in San German
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Telefono number is 787-659-7155 they just open on March 2011. I have visited the place twice and I really love it.
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent time here, the food was awesome and the service even better. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had been looking forward to visiting this place as it appeared to have a beautiful view of Porta Coeli and the charming San German plaza, and on that front, it definitely delivered - we sat on the upstairs outdoor patio and had a beautiful view below. We then ordered some decent margaritas and smoothies and a sampler. We downed our drinks (they were pretty good) and patiently waited for *45* minutes for our appetizers, which hadn't arrived. When I flagged down our waiter, he mumbled that the order didn't come out right so they had to re-do it (thanks for letting us know, sir!). When we finally did get our sampler, it wasn't anything special that I couldn't do myself at home. I elected to go have dinner elsewhere. Oh, and flagging down the waiter to get our check to pay and leave was also difficult.

2  Thank Eabi
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The food was so good!!! I ordered the shrimp burrito and was very pleased. Our waitress spoke English which was helpful when ordering. A little slow but a social event was going on that night so they were busy. Amazing food...we were all full and happy!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stopped here after a long day of traveling. The atmosphere was wonderful, sat outside under the stars on a beautiful night. The food was Excellent!! We all tried something different (4 different entries) they were all were amazing! The value could not be better, about $20 a person for two drinks and an entree. This so a must stop if you are in this great old town!

1  Thank mrusty
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have to be fair with my review since the food was good but improvements in service are needed.
Last week, I went on vacation to Puerto Rico and visited my hometown San German; I like to support the locals instead of going to Chilis or other big names in the industry.
I was told by my sister that Lupitos has great food but the service was slow. I went with an open mind and invited my mother and sisters. My experience was not good. I ordered a margarita that took 25 minutes to be served. (I normally drink 3) so I decided not to order more. Water was missing in action. The food took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to be served. The food was really good but was not hot. They also forgot an item. Of course I was not ready to wait another hour so I did cancel.
At the end, I did notice that there was only one waiter and one cook to handle all the orders. I do understand that the economy is not good right now but 2 guys were not sufficient for a Saturday evening.

I wish the best for the restaurant but if they don’t take care of these issues we won’t see a Mexican restaurant for long in San German.

2  Thank Dracos79