“DON'T BOTHER TO BOOK”
Review of Parador Oasis

Parador Oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San German
Reviewed July 5, 2009

A Dump. A horrible, dirty dump. Room are disgusting. Hallways are filthy. Service is non-existent. Staff is rude. Continental breakfast is a joke: loaf of white bread in a bag, butter, bad coffee with ants in the sugar. The most disgusting place on earth.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank Fight4Right

Reviewed October 11, 2008

By trpt_man, 09/20/08
In my opinion this is a really expensive place that's not worth the call. Rooms are small, dirty and smelly. I booked the night before I got there Once there I saw the rooms bad condition I turned around and told the front clerk I was leaving. I asked if there were any penalties or charges for the cancellation and the attendant said no. They still charged the room. The next month I called and asked to speak to the manager and when I started asking her about the charge she passed the telephone and I heard her say "Oh, you deal with him" when I asked who I was speaking to she said she was a former employee and she remembered me. After about 10 minutes of trying to reason with her, I asked to speak to the manager and she did not want to take the call, I could hear her in the background. Then I was rudely told to call my bank and she just hung up

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Trpt_man
Reviewed December 29, 2007

This is a beautiful old brick building with lots of possibilities. But currently, avoid staying here if you can. The room was in pretty sad shape--even had a broken box frame on the bed.
NO HOT WATER!!! Not even after several calls. They still charged full price. Thread-bare towels. No food service but they did have a charming diningroom. Couldn't get into the wireless internet.
Best part was that it was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank kibbe
Reviewed November 28, 2006

This place is really bad. dirty, noisy, smelly, bug infested (roaches and mosquitos) The service was really poor We had a terrible experience there. We didnt even got our money back because of the "policy" of the hotel. They stole our money and didnt care for our bad experience there. the girl that check us in tried talking to the owner about our money but he said that id we already paid, that was out problem.... Health and fire department should close this place down... HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND PLACE. HORRIBBLLLEE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank IMNOTHERE
Reviewed November 22, 2006

HOTEL OASIS IN SAN GERMAN;is a great historic place to stay has been recently renovated with all modern facilities;close to all mayor beaches and historic sites without becoming islated;has avery friendly staff;;IN THE S.W. THEY ARE #1

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank pnumomicroscopilicus
Reviewed September 5, 2006

This was the worst hotel I have ever been to. We arrived at about 6pm . And was told we had to take our own luggage to the second floor because the bellhopper had left for the day. We were also told we were to have complimentary dinner. To which the cook had also left early because he was tired. Upon dragging our luggage to the second floor with the key room and remote for the TV in hand . THe room was hidious. There as only about 5 channels to view. There was creepy looking guys roaming the halls. And upon parking the car there was people having intercourse in the parking lot. We remain a max. stay of 10 minutes, We were told to speak to the manager the following day. She was unable to resolve any problems. Do not be fooled by this stay. You have a better chance staying on the town next to it on the road 100 THE LIGHT HOUSE. THis was a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank boricuatx
Reviewed June 16, 2006

I stayed in the dusty, filthy ,dirty, horrendous place due that I was looking for a place in San German, PR. First, The parking is in a lot one block away very dark w/o illumination. There is no elevators. I had to carry my luggage to the second floors by the stairs without help. The room, What a room. The carpet has not been clean since the open this motel in more than 40 yrs, is so dirty that you have to use your shoes all the time. Beds are raggidy and the mattress is old and out of shape. When I went to the bathroom is so dirty the shower that I preferred to skip a bath that night. And they had the odyssey of charging 80 dollars a night for a place that not even pigs would stay. After a horrible scary night (By the way the door has the lock broken), I left the hotel in the morning and requestes to have my second night credit to my credit card, which they refused. I assumed they charge in advanced to catch a bunch of fools like me. I told that I hope with the money of the second night they could make some repairs.I called the Mayaguez Holiday INN instead, They were happy to welcome me after this trauma and the HOLIDAY INN is a Five star hotel compared with the pigstay of OASIS. Thanks Hoilday INN.!
M.Ruiz from LA

0 mi away
Hostal Universitario
Hostal Universitario
#1 of 2 in San German

Been to Parador Oasis? Share your experiences!