“Next time I'll sleep in the car”
Review of Parador Oasis

Parador Oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San German
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was the second time I've stayed at this hotel for Gay Pride in Boquerón. The first time we found that it was ok for the price and the proximity, and we had a corner room overlooking the main San Germán street. This year they gave us a smaller room.

I don't know if it's the fact that we booked through hotels.com but I feel the service was deplorable. We booked a three-person two-bed room but one more person joined the party, so I was ready to pay whatever fee was necessary at the front-desk. The lady that checked us in (talking on her personal phone and not aknowledging us until after she finished listening to whatever gossip they were dishing on the other end) seemed to be having a bad day and scolded us for bringing one more person. Then she said she was supposed to charge us but wasn't going to. She made me sign her receipt so that I could get my keys, and the form said the room was 74.95, when I paid a lot more throgh the website. She shortly seemed to be uninterested in us and left. Another lady came by, this one much more helpful and kind than the other one, explained what was included in our package. You get access to the greenest and murkiest pool in all the Southwestern Area of the island, unlimited access to ice from the makeshift ice box (that had no ice that night), continental breakfast and free wi-fi in the lobby.

The room had one small and dying AC unit and one window, with only 2 out of 8 blinds connected to the rail (the sunlight the next morning was a brutal wake up). It had one bathroom with no toilet paper and two towels reminiscent of the brillo pads your grandmother used to clean her pots with. The sink is separate from the toilet and shower area, and to the side a pole for hanging your clothes, or youurself, all overlooking one of the beds. So in order for you to wash your hands after using the toilet, wel, you get the idea. Oh! There's also some complimentary soap, which was so bad my boyfriend had a horrible alergic reaction to it.

I'm guessing this is the room they give to people who get discounted packages, since there was a big chunk of the headboard missing from one of the beds. Also, the only trash can in the room was in the bathroom.

This place has so much potential that it's a shame it's being run this way, especially since it's the only one in town apparently. The pool area and lobby is surrounded by red brick from the spanish colonial area, and San Germán is really such a quaint and beatiful town that deserves to be explored and shared with many.

Check-out went by unnoticed, without the most sincere gratitude for our stay or without an invitation extended to stay again. Not needed.

Room Tip: What fitness center? What room choices? Restaurant? LOL
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank motrown

Reviewed November 7, 2013

historic,clean,great place to stay,attentive staff,close to all beaches and historic sites,attentive staff,we had continetal breakfast and visited nearby beaches and also went to porta coeli church in san german,we enjoyed the area and went to different restaurants,we rented 2 rooms

Room Tip: lobby or 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank leo r
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Worst experience ever. We went for a family reunion and it was so disgusting that I can't find the words to espress what it really was. Dirty, no hot water, AC didn't work properly, dirty pool. Staff did not care, probably because of the amount of complaints. We rented five rooms and all where the same. Some agency need to verify this roach infested hell hole because I seriously doubt it that they meet the minimun standards for a Hotel. I wont even grade it because it doesnt have a negative circle to mark

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Armando63
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Listen everybody. Don't waste your money in that hotel. I stayed in that hotel yesterday and there were no water in the bathroom. . I saw two roaches in the room. The air conditioner do not worked. The pigeons were taking a shower at the pool. At 11:00 PM the hotel closes the front doors! Can you believe that? To be honest that hotel DO NOT REPRESENT PUERTO RICO. It's real bad because San German is a historic and beautiful town.

Room Tip: Do not go to that hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Mack R
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I still can't believe this nasty, unattended and always empty place is still 'operating'. And I say 'operating' because only cockroaches, mold, mildew and all kinds of insects have been making this place theirs'. It is not uncommon to go by and never seen a client inside or outside. The owners or administrators simply have no apparent idea of the historical reach place it is located for which they could have taken huge advantages decades ago - or at any moment in the present - but they just seem not to care at all, or just have the property always mostly abandoned with an 'employee' or who knows who. It leaves a lot to desire: the lack of service representatives, the lack of clean areas and bedrooms, the same look over the years. It looks perfect for a ghost hunting TV program such as the ones from SyFy but definitely not a place where any apparent living person have been in DECADES. I'm a local. Been there, done that. I can tell this is the biggest shame of the locals: the only 'Parador' or 'Hotel' is as nasty and abandoned as it can be. I would never recommend it to anyone. It does not represents Puerto Rico nor San Germán locals. It is totally nasty. You can go there and confirm every single thing I declare here by yourself.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank travelqueenpr
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have to plan an unexpected trip to Puerto Rico this past weekend and unfortunately the only place available was the Parador Oasis. Being native to the Island I thought it was a good idea to patronize the business. Making story short they took whole amount out of my account immediately (although they advertised the opposite, will be taken at time of check-out) and I have ended up not staying there at ALL and money was not refundable. As soon as I started going up the steps to find the room, I knew immediately, I was not staying, carpeting with water and soil stains to say the least. Smell of dampness all around. Room sort of give you the appearance of been clean but when you take a close look ...it was deceiving, feel for the cleaning crew trying! Hope my donation is put to use to get the place clean. Old and Historic is not equal to run down and neglect! Oh, forgot the unfriendly counter person!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank ERR0559
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is not worth the amount of money it charges. It has been without upgrades for 40 years and that include the beds, carpeting, etc. However, the cleaning staff do their best to have the place looking decent. Other staff members where not very friendly possibly because of the amount of complains they receive. It is a pity because the location is great. If you must stay there, be aware that the rooms in front of the main road are noisy at night, you will need earplugs to be able to sleep.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Mayaguez PR
Parador Boquemar
Parador Boquemar
#2 of 4 in Boqueron

Been to Parador Oasis? Share your experiences!