“Disappointed”
Review of Mike's Steak House

Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in San German
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I have to this restaurant several times during the last eight years however the quality ofthe food and service has drop significantly. I ordered the T bone and what arrived at the table was a very thin steak that was of poor quality and no way was it a t bone. I have tried to support local restaurants in the pass but I am sorry to stay that Mike steak house has lost me snd my family as a customer. This situation is a result of non existent management..

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank sar109

“It's a high "stakes" gamble...”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My family lives by Mike's SH and I have come here for years before it became co-owned by Palermo Restaurant.

The portions got smaller and the service took a small hit. However, the steak is still great - especially the Churrasco.

Stay away from any mixed drinks, not worth it at all - just have beer, soda or wine.

In short it can be a hit or miss. Like I said it is a high "stakes" gamble. Buen Provecho folks.

Palatine, Illinois
“Get the churrasco (skirt steak)”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here in August and November of 2012. On the first visit, I had wanted to get a filet mingon, but was talked into getting the skirt steak instead. Back home, we usually use skirt steak on the grill, and it not my favorite, but I was assured that I would enjoy it. They were correct! It was delicious and perfectly cooked. It was in sauce/juice that complimented it well, and I devoured it. It's worth noting that the steak was salty - this is very much a cultural style and I am used to it but some visitors might be pushed off by it. When I visited again in November, and heard we were coming here, I recommended it to my fellow travelers.

Both times here we had outstanding service. Honestly far better than some of the more expensive and fancy places we visited.

• Visited November 2012
Lebanon, New Jersey
1,150 restaurant reviews
“Simple and straightforward - good steak”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

No pretentious stuff hear - outside or inside. Just a simple place to get great tender steak. Great (and quick) service at lunch time. While prices are not cheap - neither is the meat or portions. Do not go if you are not prepared to chow down. I had the skirt steak - which was very good eating. The hamburger my colleague had looked also very good - will have that on repeat visit. Another had chicken - which he said was very good. Small salad served beforehand is pretty weak. But, the meat makes up for it.

• Visited March 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Local bar and grill did not meet expectations. Staff and service was good. Steak was average at best/very salty----but most Puerto Rican food is too salty. Mofongo has no flavor. I'm not rushing back

Visited January 2013