“Our annual pilgrimage...”
Review of Cheechako Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nordegg
Cheechako Cabins
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Following in the tradition of my new husband who has been coming here for years the first week of September, this is my 3rd visit to this peaceful and beautiful area.
Lots of hiking - my favorite is Fish Lake where you can follow the trail around the lake, quading - quaded up to the top of Baldy Mountain and met Joe the fire watch fellow last year for my birthday and just plain relaxation. Just getting to know Duchess, Minnie and Peaches the llamas and then there's Rocky the Corgi, who really can keep up to our golden retriever Sam.
The rules - b'ah there are rules everywhere you go, it's called common sense to most of us people. The horror stories - thank goodness my Mom trained me to behave in someone else's place cause I can't understand the attitudes of the people in the horror stories. Do they really live like that at their house? Really?
Bonnie and Lowell the proprietors of Cheechako are not unreasonable in their expectations, they simply want to protect the quality of their product so that other customers can come to feel like family on their repeat trips as we have.

Room Tip: Very peaceful just don't forget your toiletries, clothes and food. Although if you forget your s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Betty Andy B

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We did not expect anything like this! We were recieved with such warmth by the lady who owns the place and her lovely husband. The cottages are so clean and so generously equipped, even more comfortable than our own. the beds so clean, and tastfully decorated. Nothing absolutely nothing to be concerned or compalin about. We are planning to go back again and again just to be around the Lovely lady and the mesmerizing beauty of the area and the generousity of the people who run the place.....
shamsi

Room Tip: all cottages are clean, spacious and high quality furniture and utensiles, lovely deck overseeing th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank m k
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I would recommend this destination to couples, small families.
The 4 of us (and one ankle-biter) stayed in 2 separate cabins mid week August 6-9. I thought the surroundings and cabins were great. Owners are friendly and the grounds are neat and tidy, we didn't feel at a lack for anything except maybe a little more sunshine ( it was a bit rainy when we stayed ).
There is a large common fire pit area and a grassed space big enough for 4 adults to chuck a ball around easily. The cabins are well spaced apart with walking paths and the Llamas where kinda neat too. All in all it was a big thumbs up!! We read the reviews before we went and of course we read the horror stories too. As far as I'm concerned, the rules are no different than anywhere else you might visit. When you stay at a friends place you would be respectful of their property and I would consider this to be on the very same level of respect. When you see the amount of work that has gone into making it an accommodating place to chill out and relax, you will agree 100%.

Anyhow, thank-you to the owners of Cheechako cabins, we enjoyed our stay :)
Ryan & Christa - Edmonton

Room Tip: Chickadee cabin was perfect size for the 2 of us.
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pfaffy
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights mid week at the end of July this year (2012). We had such a wonderful time that we requested to stay an extra night (we only booked for 2 nights) and were greeted with such a big smile from the owners that it melted my heart. My two little girls (age 5 and 3), said and I quote "We love it here, can we live here!!!".

The rooms were pleasantly comfortable and beautifully rustic....although to my husbands camping standards he called it glamping!!! lol. We loved the fact that we didn't have to bring anything except our clothing, food, drinks, and toiletries. Of course we brought all our own fishing gear and enjoyed the many lakes to fish in.

We loved the fact that every cabin had it's own wood stove and that there was a central fire pit to do a nightly hot dog roast and make s'mores. The girls loved to play soccer in the meadow and pet and feed the llamas.

To those of you who think the rules and horror stories are excessive.....you only have to use common sense and clean up like you would at home. This is not the Hilton, but a homey cabin that should be treated as if it was your own. They certainly stock it so that you feel that you are at home.....but I guess that there are those people that expect others to clean up after they leave messes and their own homes reflect that.

I highly recommend the Cheechaco Cabins for anyone with a family. It is off the main road, so you don't have to worry about your kids getting hurt, and the no guest policy makes it nice to allow you kids to travel the yard freely without the need to be constantly at their sides. The library in the office is stacked with DVD's to choose from if you choose to watch the satellite TV and not enjoy the peace and quiet that is available outside your door.

Thank you Cheechaco Cabins for our wonderful stay. We will be back!!!

The Stratichuks of Sylvan Lake

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LeslieStratichuk
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was the first time we have ever been to these cottages (Rosy Finch) was absoutely beautiful. Very clean and very nice and quiet. Good fishing lakes all around and lots of hiking to do. For the people who say there is too many rules, this is not a party pad. You come here for rest and relaxation. Staff was very friendly as were their dogs. I recommend these cottages to anybody who just wants a quiet nice getaway for rest and relaxation. Plus the beautiful scenery was a plus!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I stay at Cheeckako Cabins at least once a year. We find the owners extremely welcoming, especially as they are dog friendly.

Other reviewers may complain about the rules, but we have never found the rules to be prohibitive. They are reasonable, and require that guests use common sense, and treat the buildings, furnishings and other amenities with the respect you would give your own property. This equals unparalleled cleanliness of all the grounds and property for ALL visitors who stay at the cabins. I appreciate the rules the owners have as it means I can always count on a quality stay in a beautiful location. Their expectations are far from unreasonable - unless you expect to stay on a full service resort where slovenly, piggish behaviour is tolerated.

The location is extremely quiet, and provides for a perfect respite away from the busy city life. There is not grocery store in Nordegg, so be prepared to bring your own food.

Room Tip: For a cozy hideaway, we always choose the Rosy Finch cabin.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank E_McCanuck
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our family had such a wonderful stay at Cheechako cabins. The one thing we loved best was that they don't allow visitors it was wonderful not having people driving by and no loud parties. They have exceptional cabins and are very pristine. Very friendly and beautifully set-up. What a place to stay to enjoy the peace and quiet away from crowded resorts.
They have fully stocked cabins all you have to bring is your food, beverages and your own personal hygiene products. Exceptionally clean
Thanks staff at Cheechako for making our stay so enjoyable!!
Very highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank red-foxe

Been to Cheechako Cabins? Share your experiences!