“Excellent.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
belfast, northern ireland
“Excellent.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Choose this area as half way between London and Brighton. Very quiet area. Staff very helpful and room usual standard. Had issue with noise from a dog in a car belonging to another resident and approached reception at 4am. Staff attempted to locate guest about the dog but no luck so happily refunded my cost as the good night guarantee. There was even a good fan provided in the room due to heat. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am so pleased that you found us to be in a perfect location for your visit to the area and found us to be in a quiet area. Every room at this site has a fan to help our Guests stay cool during the hot summer and I am happy that this was beneficial for you.

Each Team Member strives to be the best at what they do and try to deliver high standards of customer service to each Guest they meet. I am sad to hear that you had a disturbed nights sleep and that you had to use our Good Night Guarantee. I understand that this problem was out of our hands. However I am happy that you found this a satisfying solution to the problem and would highly recommend Premier Inn East Grinstead.

If you would like to make a booking with us in the future feel free to call us on 01342 326089 and a Team Member will be happy to help.

East Grinstead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chelmsford, Essex
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked two rooms this past weekend for overnight stay whilst attending wedding locally. Both rooms were nice and clean, Nice friendly welcome at reception on checking in which took no time, they also offered to help with luggage. Both rooms were nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable and both rooms had fans to help contend with the sticky and warm conditions. We ate on the Saturday afternoon at the adjoining pub, good quality food at reasonable prices and the breakfast on the Sunday morning of very good standard, with plenty of choice even though we didn’t get there until the last half hour of the serving time.
I’d definitely recommend this Premier Inn and would stay again personally if ever in the area.

Room Tip: There is a busy road opposite the Premiser Inn so I assume rooms at the rear would hear less traffic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

It is good to hear feedback that you found your rooms to be clean and that you found the fan to be helpful in these sticky conditions. I am happy that you found the Reception Team to be friendly and offering that extra bit of help.

Your feedback regarding the Star Inn was a delight to read and this shall be passed on to the team there.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back, if you are ever in the area again.

East Grinstead.
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have this afternoon come back from my first visit to a Premier Inn. My friends and I stayed for 2 nights. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. There was a large fan in the room which was a welcome sight as was the large bath and shower . The bed was very comfortable and you even had a choice of pillows. The staff were friendly very welcoming, nothing was too much trouble and even had time to recommend places to visit.

Although we were on a main road we didn't hear any noise and we didn't even hear any noises from within the hotel. We had breakfast in The Star pub on the same site and that was very good again the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The evening meals are also very good in there.

This Premier Inn is ideal for going to Lingfield Park for the races. As I say this was my first Premier Inn experience and it won't be my last. My friends and I have nothing to complain about. Thank you to everyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead it was very motivating to read.

I am delighted to hear that your first stay with Premier Inn will not be your last. It is very rewarding feedback to hear for all the Team. I am glad that you found the cleanliness was to a high standard and that the Reception Team was helpful.

The fan in the room is a good help to cool down the room in this weather and I am happy that it was beneficial during your stay.

I hope you had a good day at the races and I certainly hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Used as an overnight stay for Lingfield Racecourse with friends. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Out accommodation was lovely and clean. Excellent nights sleep had by all after a long day out. Taxi transfer that our receptionist recommended arrived promptly after text confirmation received from them and prices were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend using this Premier Inn to explore the local area or indeed visit the Racecourse.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead

Premier Inn East Grinstead is in perfect location to Lingfield Racecourse with it being only a few minutes drive from the hotel. I am pleased to hear that this was helpful for you.

All the Team here work extremely hard to ensure all of our Guests have a good stay with us. This will be rewarding feedback for them to receive. I am also pleased that the Receptionist on duty went that extra mile to book a taxi for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever going to the Races again.

Blackwood, Gwent
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked three rooms for a family trip to The Bluebell Railway. Stayed on one of the hottest days of the year,our room was upstairs and boy was it hot, the windows would only open an inch or so and the fan, although welcome , was a tad noisy. The room was spacious and the bathroom clean, the bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. Air conditioning would have been a godsend, the thermometer in the room read 29C. The other people in our party were on the lower floor and didn't find their rooms quite so hot. There is some noise from the adjacent road and the aircraft noise is noticeable. The staff were very friendly and efficient.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to hear that we are in good location for the attraction you come to visit.

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be hot during your stay. However we were in the middle of a heat wave and we try our best to keep the temperatures as low as possible, although without air conditioning this is a challenge.

I am however glad that you found the Team to be very friendly and efficient.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

3 night stay at thePremier Inn. Standard Premier Inn, usual excellent service and friendly staff. Good soundproofing despite being on a main road. As budget hotels go Premier Inn are always a good choice. The rooms are of a standard design, always clean. Really impressed with the free standing fans which had been put in all the rooms during the current hot weather. I think the difference is the staff, the level of customer service is always of a high standard. Great location.
The only negative about the East Grinstead Premier Inn is sadly the pub next door. I understand from the staff that "The Star" is not part of the group which owns Premier Inn which is why the meal deal is not available. Maybe this is why this pub is of particularly poor quality. Tried breakfast once and that was once too many!
Try the "Old Dunnings Mill" a short drive away for fantastic food breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

The Team here work tirelessly to ensure every Guest receives the same standard as the previous Guest. It is very rewarding for Team members to hear good feedback about their excellent service and friendly manner. Along with the high standard of cleanliness in the rooms from the hard working Housekeepers.

I am delighted to hear that the fan was appreciated during your stay with us during the heat wave!

I am concerned to hear that you had a bad experience with your breakfast at The Star Inn during your stay with us and we will be forwarding your comments to them.

Burry Port
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is on a busy main road. On the hottest night of the year we had no AC and the traffic noise was intolerable. Don't use this hotel if the weather is hot!
They do offer a money back guarantee and we have used it due to the lack of AC and dreadful night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff R
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am sorry to hear you have experienced problems during your stay, unfortunately during this heat wave it makes it difficult to keep the rooms cool, even with a fan in the room and the curtains drawn during the day and the windows open. I am sorry to hear that you had to use our Good Night Guarantee however I am happy that you were satisfied with this solution and there were no problems when carrying this out, and that the problem was dealt with straight away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
Brambletye Hotel
Brambletye Hotel
#2 of 2 in Forest Row
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth

Been to Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel? Share your experiences!