“First time at a Premier Inn - Not the last :)”

Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have this afternoon come back from my first visit to a Premier Inn. My friends and I stayed for 2 nights. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. There was a large fan in the room which was a welcome sight as was the large bath and shower . The bed was very comfortable and you even had a choice of pillows. The staff were friendly very welcoming, nothing was too much trouble and even had time to recommend places to visit.

Although we were on a main road we didn't hear any noise and we didn't even hear any noises from within the hotel. We had breakfast in The Star pub on the same site and that was very good again the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The evening meals are also very good in there.

This Premier Inn is ideal for going to Lingfield Park for the races. As I say this was my first Premier Inn experience and it won't be my last. My friends and I have nothing to complain about. Thank you to everyone

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead it was very motivating to read.

I am delighted to hear that your first stay with Premier Inn will not be your last. It is very rewarding feedback to hear for all the Team. I am glad that you found the cleanliness was to a high standard and that the Reception Team was helpful.

The fan in the room is a good help to cool down the room in this weather and I am happy that it was beneficial during your stay.

I hope you had a good day at the races and I certainly hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Used as an overnight stay for Lingfield Racecourse with friends. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Out accommodation was lovely and clean. Excellent nights sleep had by all after a long day out. Taxi transfer that our receptionist recommended arrived promptly after text confirmation received from them and prices were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend using this Premier Inn to explore the local area or indeed visit the Racecourse.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead

Premier Inn East Grinstead is in perfect location to Lingfield Racecourse with it being only a few minutes drive from the hotel. I am pleased to hear that this was helpful for you.

All the Team here work extremely hard to ensure all of our Guests have a good stay with us. This will be rewarding feedback for them to receive. I am also pleased that the Receptionist on duty went that extra mile to book a taxi for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever going to the Races again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Booked three rooms for a family trip to The Bluebell Railway. Stayed on one of the hottest days of the year,our room was upstairs and boy was it hot, the windows would only open an inch or so and the fan, although welcome , was a tad noisy. The room was spacious and the bathroom clean, the bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. Air conditioning would have been a godsend, the thermometer in the room read 29C. The other people in our party were on the lower floor and didn't find their rooms quite so hot. There is some noise from the adjacent road and the aircraft noise is noticeable. The staff were very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to hear that we are in good location for the attraction you come to visit.

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be hot during your stay. However we were in the middle of a heat wave and we try our best to keep the temperatures as low as possible, although without air conditioning this is a challenge.

I am however glad that you found the Team to be very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

3 night stay at thePremier Inn. Standard Premier Inn, usual excellent service and friendly staff. Good soundproofing despite being on a main road. As budget hotels go Premier Inn are always a good choice. The rooms are of a standard design, always clean. Really impressed with the free standing fans which had been put in all the rooms during the current hot weather. I think the difference is the staff, the level of customer service is always of a high standard. Great location.
The only negative about the East Grinstead Premier Inn is sadly the pub next door. I understand from the staff that "The Star" is not part of the group which owns Premier Inn which is why the meal deal is not available. Maybe this is why this pub is of particularly poor quality. Tried breakfast once and that was once too many!
Try the "Old Dunnings Mill" a short drive away for fantastic food breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

The Team here work tirelessly to ensure every Guest receives the same standard as the previous Guest. It is very rewarding for Team members to hear good feedback about their excellent service and friendly manner. Along with the high standard of cleanliness in the rooms from the hard working Housekeepers.

I am delighted to hear that the fan was appreciated during your stay with us during the heat wave!

I am concerned to hear that you had a bad experience with your breakfast at The Star Inn during your stay with us and we will be forwarding your comments to them.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is on a busy main road. On the hottest night of the year we had no AC and the traffic noise was intolerable. Don't use this hotel if the weather is hot!
They do offer a money back guarantee and we have used it due to the lack of AC and dreadful night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff R

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am sorry to hear you have experienced problems during your stay, unfortunately during this heat wave it makes it difficult to keep the rooms cool, even with a fan in the room and the curtains drawn during the day and the windows open. I am sorry to hear that you had to use our Good Night Guarantee however I am happy that you were satisfied with this solution and there were no problems when carrying this out, and that the problem was dealt with straight away.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The adjacent eaterie, The Star, is a standard Chef & Brewer Pub with a limited menu with no local produce. And this ,in July, when The Garden Of England (Kent, adjacent county) was awash with fresh produce. However the Premier Inn lived up to it's promise of a good nights sleep despite our stay being on a very hot night and with occasional aircraft noise of take offs from Gatwick Airport. The "odd-numbered" rooms away from the A22 road are probably the quitest. The provided fan was a blessing on a hot night although Air Con would have been better.

Room Tip: Choose first floor, odd numbers, for the quiettter rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am glad that you had a Good Nights Sleep with us and didn’t find the hot weather to be an issue and that the fan was an extra help to keep cool.

With us being located very close to Gatwick airport, some plane noise is to be expected but I am glad that you found your room to be quiet and this did not disturb you during your stay with us.

If you are ever in the area again please feel free to call us on 01342 326089 and a Team member will be more than happy to make a booking for you.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spent one night booked 2 rooms, they were fine,what I expected of a premier inn .I booked quite a while ago and the rate was only £50 a room the bed was not as springy as Lenny Henry suggests my husband almost broke his back when emulating Mr Henry! .The staff were helpful and welcoming. The breakfast at the Star Inn was also O.K. for the price the staff there were also efficient and friendly.
A good value stopover, the fan in the room was a real bonus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank grotbags

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am pleased that we met your expectations of Premier Inn. The Team here work extremely hard to meet all Guests expectations and I am glad this hasn’t gone unnoticed. This will be very rewarding for the Team to hear, as it is always such a good motivation receiving feedback.

I am concerned to hear that you didn’t find the mattress as comfy as expected. I can assure you that a top manufacturer called Hypnos supplies the mattresses. Hypnos is the UK’s top leading mattress manufacturer. However I am pleased that you found your stay to be of good value and that the fan helped during this spell of hot weather.

If you are ever in the area again we would be delighted if you were to stay with us again.

East Grinstead.

Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel

Been to Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel? Share your experiences!