“Looks, Smells and Feels Really Clean”

Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Saffron walden
“Looks, Smells and Feels Really Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very comfortable as to be expected from Premier Inn. The room smelt clean on opening the door and indeed proved to be very clean in both the bathroom and the bedroom. Good sized towels, larger than in some hotels and plenty of hot water. A great night's sleep ensued, helped by double glazing on windows as the hotel does stand close to a main road.
The restaurant next door did not, unfortunately, meet our expectations. The meals we chose were quickly presented and the pies were heavy and not suffiently tasty - a disappointment and so we declined breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would not overlook a main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to hear that you had a very comfortable stay with us. The Housekeeping Team work extremely hard to maintain high levels of the bedroom cleanliness you encountered. Your kind comments shall be passed on to the Team it is always rewarding for their hard work to be recognised by our Guests.

The Star Inn is a partnership to the Whitbread Group, they are owned by The Spirit Group. However, I am sad to here that this put you off the Breakfast, I can assure you that the Breakfast would have been up to the Premier Inn Brand Standard. If you paid and were not given a refund for your breakfast please get in contact with us directly on 01342 326089 and we can proceed this for you. Your feedback will be passed on to the Pub, if you would like to speak to The Star Inn please feel free to call us and we can give you their contact details.

East Grinstead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good basic hotel - no frills, such as spa or gym, but excellent service, very clean, quite, good standard of service from pleasant helpful staff. Lovely big bath, nice fluffy towels, excellent hair dryer, very clean and well maintained room and comfy bed and pillows.

Liked the built in bottle opener.

Did not eat here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to hear you experienced excellent service from the Team. We are glad you found the room to be of a good standard, with all the necessities that you would need for a comfortable nights stay, including the handy bottle opener and hair dryer. Each Team member works tirelessly to ensure every guest has a good stay with us.

We’d be delighted if you chose to stay with us again.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We recently stayed here for the weekend and we were extremely pleased with the quality of our stay. We have stayed at this particular Premier Inn before and both the service and accommodation have been consistently good.

Room Tip: We have stayed at the front and rear of the hotel and both were quiet due to the very effective glaz...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am enlightened to hear that you were extremely pleased with another one of your stays with us. It is so rewarding for all the Team to hear such good feedback. I will pass on your kind comments to everyone here at East Grinstead Premier Inn, as it drives the Team to continue to work to their high standards.

We would be delighted if you stayed with us again if you are ever in the area!

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked online early enough to get a great value room, and having stayed at other Premier Inns ,the hotel was pretty much as I expected. The location is convenient, rooms are clean and plenty of parking.

The only reason I wouldn't rate this as a 5, is that there was nobody to help me with luggage, which was extremely difficult when travelling alone with a 2 month old baby and a months worth of luggage (long trip!). I asked for assistance at reception but was told there was nobody who could help, and the girl on reception was pregnant so couldn't help me (which I totally understand). So I had to struggle with it all myself.

Aside from that, it is a perfectly fine place to stay and good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your Review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am pleased to hear that you found your stay to be good value for money. As we are the only budget Hotel in the area you are bound to find some fantastic savings with us.

I am sorry to say that we couldn’t help you with your bags on this occasion, if there were any other Team Members around we would have offered a helping hand!

From all the Team here at East Grinstead we are grateful for your review and glad you had a good place to stay with us.

If you’re ever in the area again, please feel free to make a booking with us directly on 01342 326089.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

the hotel was very clean and comfortable staff very friendly .My wife was in hospital she stayed with me on the second night when she was released from hospital .The staff where so kind and helpful did not eat at the pub near the hotel to dear.nice cafe near by half the price food good .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to hear you had a comfortable stay with us and that the Team looked after you and your wife. Each Team member will always try to go that extra mile for all our guests’ individual needs.

All the Team here wish you both well.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here the night before catching early morning flight to Spain, room standard for Premier Inn, clean and comfortable. Excellent position for off site Gatwick parking, actually 4 minutes down the road. asked for alarm call at 3.30am and was told, there was no alarm but could have 'knock', luckily I was up because the 'knock' would not have woken me, however a week later had to stay again due to the snow and was told there was an alarm on the TV. Only issue with the room was there was no socket next to bed, so while charging phone had to get out of bed to answer it. There is no lift if you are on second floor, could be a problem with luggage. Food in restaurant next door was good, but had an issue when it came to paying, the waitress handed me a menu with 2 courses for £9.95 when it came to pay bill was loads more cos the menu was only Mon-Thurs not Fri, argued that it wasn't my fault, waitress gave me (and the next table) the menu, the lady taking the money argued but eventually knocked the price of the sweet off the bill. Was a bit upset that my first nights stay was £29 and 5 days later it was £48!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and found us to be in a convenient location before your flight from Gatwick.

I am sorry to hear that the wake up call wasn’t successful on this occasion, however I am happy to hear that the alarm on the TV was a suitable alternative for your wake up call.

The Team are always willing to go that extra mile for our Guests, a helping hand with your luggage wouldn’t be a problem and the Team would be more than willing to help.

On behalf of the pub I apologise for the confusion and I will be speaking to the Manager to make sure that this is made clear to customers so we can prevent it from happening again in the future. But I am glad to hear that the problem was eventually resolved.

Premier Inn always has the best available rates and on the first occasion your booking would have been made online. This particular booking would have been one of our saver deals. The £29 rooms are subject to availability and must be booked in advance online; this may have been the reason why there was a price difference?

If you ever find yourself flying from Gatwick again, please feel free to make your booking directly with the hotel and call us on 01342 326089 and a Team Member will be delighted to help!

Kind Regards

East Grinstead.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed four days, the staff were friendly, especially,Kim on reception . The rooms were kept very clean by the housekeepers, We told the reception that we would come back, and that a good recommendation would be given to all of our friends about the hotel.

My wife told Kim that we had a happy enjoyable time that we would be back, Also the staff in the adjacent restaurant all friendly and professional especially Valentine, Ryan and also the breakfast waiter (a black guy) all very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your delightful feedback on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that the rooms were set to a high standard when you arrived. The housekeepers do work tirelessly to ensure that every room is set to the Premier Inn Brand Standard.

On behalf of all the staff here at Premier Inn East Grinstead and the adjacent pub The Star Inn we would like to thank you for your encouraging comments and they will be personally passed on to Kim, Valentin, Ryan and Lesley.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Brambletye Hotel
Brambletye Hotel
#2 of 2 in Forest Row
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth

Been to Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel? Share your experiences!