“Premier Inn East Grinstead”

Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Launceston, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn East Grinstead”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

An excellent Premier Inn. Very clean,friendly staff,Plenty of parking.Road noise fairly early in morning.
The breakfast was not so good.Luke warm,plates not hot, items forgotten two mornings running and waitress failed to ask whether we wanted fresh or tinned tomatoes.The food itself was luke warm.The coffee was disgusting.

Room Tip: Room at front facing A22 appeared to be quieter than room at back. Room was also darker at back due...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. However, I am extremely concerned that you found your breakfasts to be substandard to your expectations.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with Premier Inn was an excellent stay. The Team will appreciate your compliments and it will motivate them to continue their hard work and maintain their high standards they deliver to each guest.

Your feedback has been passed on to the pub and we appreciate your honest comments. If you would like to contact reception we will be happy to offer you a refund for your breakfast, if this has not been done already. You can call us on 01342 326089.

Kind regards

East Grinstead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Newton Abbot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful; the hotel clean, warm and reasonably priced. Loved the extra pillows! I stayed 2 nights with 2 of my teenagers. My only complaint was the breakfast. The first day there were no crumpets or muffins and the tomatoes were tinned not fresh ( it does say substitutions can be made on the menu, but for me this seemed like cost cutting and was an inferior substitution. Same was served next day). However, it was still an excellent meal. Second morning we were in a hurry but the cooked part of our breakfast took 25 minutes to arrive! ( Still no muffins!). I mentioned this at reception as we dropped our key and they refunded us our meal! Couldn't have asked for a better response! Would definatly come again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write such a lovely review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am sorry that we failed to deliver a good standard of breakfast during your stay and your comments are being passed over to the Pub Manager to be discussed further. Premier Inn offers the Good Night Guarantee and inline with this we feel as if you were entitled to a refund on your breakfast. If you do wish to discuss this matter further please call us on 01342 326089.

Your compliments about the Team are very motivating and it will encourage the Team to continue to deliver such high standards of customer service you experienced during your stay with us.

We are delighted that you would return to us if you were ever in the area again. If you would like to make another reservation, you are more than welcome to call us and I would be more than happy to arrange a booking myself with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

King Regards

Hammel, Denmark
Reviewed October 22, 2012

a lovely hotel, with a good staff. The room was fine, as was the food. It was easy to get to and from the hotel. There were fine parking facilities. Definitely a place we will visit again in the future

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback, I am pleased that your experience here at Premier Inn East Grinstead was so good as to persuade you to write a review on us.

The hotel is located just outside the town of East Grinstead and only a 30-minute walk from the hotel to the town centre with good bus links running frequently throughout the hour and a less than 5-minute car journey. Along with being located on the A22 we are very easy to find!

I genuinely hope that you stay with us again in the future if you are ever in the area.

Kind regards

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Yet again another good stay at the Premier Inn. We have been staying at many of your hotels & always a great welcome, cleanlinest as always in the hotels and in East Grinstead top notch.
Well done the staff at East Grinstead. We have booked to come back in November & will be back regularly so look forward to seeing you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your delightful feedback I am pleased that your experience was so good as to persuade you to take your time to post such a lovely review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

The Teams ethos is to put the Guest at the heart of everything we do here. Your words are a fantastic tribute to both the Reception and Housekeeping Team and a challenge to keep up the high standards of service you encountered during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in November!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,655 helpful votes
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We chose this hotel as a convenient overnight before an early flight from nearby Gatwick but avoiding the Gatwick hotels with the all-night disturbanwce that often occurs.
We were greeted on arrival at about 22.00 hrs by a friendly Slovak manager. She readily switched our reserved room from front to back of property (much quieter according to TripAdvisor).
What are the key elements you expect from a budget hotel?
Friendly and obliging service - check. Spacious room - check. Very clean - check. Large and comfortable bed.- check. Tea and coffee making facilities - check. Wide screen TV - no. Full array of bathroom stuff - no. Five star dining - no.
We left at 06.30 the next morning to a friendly farewell from the South African night manager.
To our standards this Premier Inn fulfilled our expectations exactly save for a bit pricier than we had expected.

Room Tip: We slept well at the back of the hotel away from the A22.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Normanta
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am pleased to find that you found us to be in quieter location for your overnight stay before your flight from Gatwick and this factor was very beneficial to your stay. We are only 9 miles from Gatwick but without the disturbance of aircraft noises. Also located 300 yards from the hotel is a reliable park and fly service to and from the airport, which we can recommend if you contact the hotel.

Your comments are a great motivator to the Teams dedication. I will be passing these kind words on, as this is what drives the Team to deliver great standards of customer service to each guest’s individual needs.

I genuinely hope you stay with us again if ever you are in the area.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 1st October 2012 and have stayed at Premier Inns before. The reception I thought was very good and very efficient and helpful. It was the little human touches that mean so much and this was great. I stayed in room 21 which is a first floor room at the rear of the hotel. There seems to be adequate parking. I did some road noise but this did not disturb my sleep. The room was clean and had everything I needed for the night. I did not have the breakfast as I had to get up for 5am to go to a trade show. The staff offered to book the adjoining Chef and Brewer Star Inn for dinner which I declined but did have dinner there. WIFI is free for thirty minutes which was fine for email transmissions. I paid £71.30 for this room.

Room Tip: There was some road noise and I am not sure if any particular room would be quieter. I would have th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rex T
Thank you for taking the time to post such a delightful review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am thrilled to hear that your one night stay with us was very good and that the Reception Team was efficient and helpful. The Team do try to go out of their way to deliver high standards of customer service to all our guests. Your feedback will be passed on to the Reception Team and the Housekeeping Team, as this is very rewarding to hear such kind comments and will drive the Teams ego to go that extra mile for our guests.

The Team and I would love to welcome you back again, if you were ever in the area in the future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We arrived very very late (3am) from a flight so check in was very quick! Staff were friendly and helpful and we were in the room in no time.

I had called ahead to warn them that we would be late and as such we had a room not far from reception (although I am not sure if this was done on purpose, it was a great help for 2 tired travellers!)

The room was clean and tidy and the bed was great. We slept well. As the title suggests though, there is some noise from the road outside. If it wasn't for us being dog-tired that probably would have been annoying.

Apart from that, the shower was good and the bathroom was spotless.

The hotel is about a 15 minutes drive from Gatwick so is a great hotel to stop over at before or after a flight and as it is not in the airport grounds, it is cheaper!

We would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the main road and roundabout.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn East Grinstead.

Your words are a marvellous tribute to the Team whose hard dedication is the reason why we feel we can offer the best value stay here.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your visit and found the check-in to be very quick. The Teams ethos is to put the Guest at the heart of everything we do here, hence why you had a room so close to reception on your late arrival!

We are thrilled you found us to be in a good location for your stop over before your flight at Gatwick.

I genuinely hope you stay with us again if ever you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
#2 of 2 in Forest Row
The Roebuck Hotel
The Roebuck Hotel
#1 of 2 in Forest Row

Been to Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel? Share your experiences!