All reviews queen victoria full english booked a single room wash my hair this lovely guest house two nights lovely hosts kippers free wifi only stayed one night bottled water b and b the room was nice continental breakfast stay there again short walk bed was very comfortable
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I had contact with Eileen and Brian prior to my visit to ensure that would be there when I checked in.
The welcome was lovely despite myself and Brian having a difference in the Rugby teams we support. The room was lovely with adequate room with an en suite bathroom with a shower. The facilities were amazing clean with in the room good instructions as to breakfast and the surrounding area.
Breakfast was good with a wide selection. I had some specific instructions as to how I wanted to have my egg cooked and it was perfect so thank you to everyone involved.
I have stayed at a major chain in the area prior to this visit and only stayed here as they were booked. Having stayed at Cranston House I would definitely stay here. In preference to the major chain.
Well done to everyone at Cranston House to making my stay so perfect.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Friendly welcome from the proprietor. Very clean and comfortable. An unusually good choice of breakfast. Nice food served in the very pleasant breakfast room.. I would certainly choose to stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2018

Stayed here a couple of times when the wife has had appointments at QVH which is only a short walk away. It is also close to the town. Aileen & Brian are excellent hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them and they always try and accommodate you. The rooms are well laid out and have everything you need. The breakfasts are freshly cooked and your pre-arranged time. Cannot recommend enough and Will be defiantly be back for another excellent stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Was due to stay here as son is in Hospital but they cancelled my room as said was fully booked, altho when I booked there was a number of rooms left, obviously all bout taking more money and not providing service to public do not use they will just screw you over

Trip type: Traveled with family
Cranstonhouse, Owner at Cranston House, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Hello Ian, thank you for your review. There was no intention to gain more money. The overbooking was my mistake in that I did not close out the online booking systems when the room had gone. I apologise for the inconvenience. Brian.

Reviewed April 13, 2018

I stayed here for two nights, whilst attending an appointment at the Royal Victoria Hospital. Short walk from the station, and equally short walk to the hospital. Nice room, clean, tidy and all toiletries supplied in the room. I booked a single room, but had a twin on arrival. Fridge in the room, with reasonably priced soft drinks. Plus tea, coffee, chocolate etc. (Free WiFi) A choice of breakfast times, in 15 minute intervals which suited me fine, and a good choice of breakfasts. Finally a lovely couple very friendly and welcoming, and as others have said, nothings too much trouble. Certainly one of the best I have stayed in. A pleasant quiet couple of nights. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Phili M