2,511 results
All reviews reflections restaurant champagne bar hot tub garden suite beautiful hotel relaxation room changing rooms on arrival the fine dining restaurant full body massage ag restaurant cedar lodge birthday treat roll top bath outdoor sauna relaxing break huge bathroom
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Introduced to this hotel by a secret Escapes offer.

Lovely hotel, large grounds to walk around. Very friendly attentive staff.

SPA pool area really good, access to hot tub in garden and Sauna outside. Steam and sauna indoors in the individual changing rooms.

Food lovely, good selection for Gluten Free.
Lovely touch at the end of the meal, of a Happy birthday treat.

Overall, would definitely consider to return.

Room Tip: Lift in main house, rooms accessible. Room quiet. Farnham suite, large bathroom, roll topped stand alone bath
Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
SindarmyV, Guest Services Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jane01108,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your spa break experience with us, and were satisfied with the level of service provided by the staff throughout your stay. I am glad you liked our Utopia Spa and found our Gluten Free selection was good.

We do offer a Renew and Refresh package may you want to stay again on a luxury spa break.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Every year my 2 sisters, mother and myself spend an October weekend together in a different hotel/spa. This place proved to be our best ever!

We were in a very spacious g/f garden suite with a huge bathroom, fridge and an outdoor communal paved seating area. The only slight disadvantage here was the noise of the gravel as cars approached the car park.

The hotel offers some pleasant outdoor bar areas, indoor bars and Reflections and AJs for dining and a great Spa. The dining was reasonably priced, generous and very tasty. Breakfast offered a wide range of choices and got our days off to a very good start. As for the 10 course tasting menu complete with wine flights, this was superb. Each course was beautifully presented and just delicious as per the pics I’ve added. The service was attentive and yet in no way hurried. I could do it all again in a heartbeat!

The Spa was very attractive being of unique design offering a great range of facilities and treatments. We were surprised how quiet it seemed to be which was a real bonus.

Finally the service - all the staff were so friendly, helpful and really worked hard. We did find that sometimes there was no reply to service telephone calls, but the wonderful courtesy and kindness when we finally made contact soon made up for any shortfall.

I must make special mention of Sindarmy who had to help both me and my mother with a number of issues of our own making including milk supplies, opening our safe and assisting with a lost skirt!! Poor Sindarmy but her winning smile and reassurances always put us both at ease.

Thank you so much to all the staff and I do hope to see you all again very soon! I have no hesitation in recommending Alexander House for any occasion as know it won’t let you down.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family

Dear Leighites,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House and Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful spa break with us and enjoyed our dining and spa facilities, and the comfort of our beautiful cedar lodge suites. I am pleased you were satisfied with the quality of service provided by the team during your visit. It was a pleasure to personally assist you and your mum during your stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Our Christmas Breaks are now available, may you and your family would like to celebrate the festive season at Alexander House.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I got married at Alexander House Hotel at the weekend, and loved every second there. We can’t praise Helen, our wedding co-ordinator and her team enough. Every member of staff at the hotel was so friendly, and couldn’t do enough to help us. We were so comfortable knowing that Helen and her team were in control of our Big Day, we could focus purely on enjoying ourselves. The food was absolutely delicious, from dinner and breakfast in Reflections, to our wedding meal, the service was also fantastic. It really is a beautiful venue, the grounds are stunning and our suite was enormous, we loved the walk in rain shower and roll top bath.
The facilities are great, but the most special and memorable part is how we and our guests were looked after. We could not have picked a better venue. The champagne, card and rose petals in our room were a beautiful touch. Thank you so much Helen and everyone at Alexander House Hotel, we will be back soon!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family

Dear saraherjones,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House and Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us. I am pleased your wedding day was a success and that we were able to make you feel extra special on such a memorable day.

Thank you for your lovely comments and encouragements,

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the lovely Alexander House hotel and it was beautiful the entire weekend. To be honest I cannot remember anyone’s name but the gentleman I spoke to to make a booking called Sam and he looked after us when making the booking. Everybody was lovely anything you wanted or needed the staff made sure you had it. I have never drank so much Champaign in one weekend but it was our 27th anniversary. The venue itself is beautiful the grounds are immaculate the spa is amazing this place deserves 5* and as for our room it was as spacious as an apartment we stayed in the tree tops room absolutely beautiful. My husband was so relaxed after having side by side couples massage that he felt as though we were abroad! And you should defiantly use the private jacuzzi just you and your partner and a glass of Champaign wonderful. There’s a lovely bar called the 1608 Champaign bar very relaxing setting and we ate at ag restaurant fine dining and the food was lovely. We cannot wait to go back thank you Alexander House and spa

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
SindarmyV, Guest Services Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Charlene H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful time celebration your wedding anniversary at Alexander House. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in TREE TOPS, one of our beautiful and spacious Spa Suite. I am glad your had a wonderful time at the Spa, and had a lovely dining experience in AG's, our three rosettes fining dining restaurant, and in our 1608 Champagne Bar.

Thank you for your very encouraging comments.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again. Our Celebration package is the perfect choice when it comes to make special memories.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner have spent years staying at different 5* hotels however return to Alexander House a few times a year with it being our favourite hotel that in our opinion knocks the other 5* hotels out of the park!
The staff are on hand the moment you arrive and nothing is ever too much to ask.
We had an issue this time with our shower and another room was allocated whilst it got immediately fixed, which although it was an inconvenience at the time, all that could be done was done.

The spa is excellent and never over crowded all the times we have been there.

The AG restaurant is also one of our favourite with the tasting menu being impeccable!

We will be returning again soon, so thank you once again AH!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Liam G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.

Thank you for your very encouraging and passionate words. It is an honor for us to be named as your favorite 5 stars hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed our spa facilities, our fine dining three rosettes restaurant AG's and were highly satisfied with the standard of service provided by the team during your previous stays.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back. Our Autumn Half Term 2 Nights Getaway package is now available and the ideal excuse to come back again soon.