2,493 results
All reviews reflections restaurant champagne bar hot tub garden suite beautiful hotel relaxation room changing rooms on arrival the fine dining restaurant full body massage ag restaurant cedar lodge birthday treat roll top bath outdoor sauna relaxing break junior suite
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Hotel location was awesome way from the city. It has lot of open spaces for a relaxing stroll. Rooms are quite spacious with various amenities. Food was decent and the spa was quite awesome. Service of the staff was also good.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Kirsty R, Guest Relations Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear Nithy_M,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa as your choice of hotel for a relaxing country break. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal and that you made full use of our award winning Utopia Spa.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2017

I stayed here with a few friends for a spa night before my wedding.

we had booked 2 double rooms, 1 luxury room and one standard room both in the main house.
The luxury room was wonderful with toiletries from l‘occitaine and a free standing bathtub as well as a very nice shower, lots of space and two sinks.
the bed was extremely comfy as well and we had a nice view of the gardens.

we arrived after noon and had to wait to check in until 3, which I find a very late check- in time. (check out is 11)
unfortunately our room wasnt ready so we sat outside in the garden and thought we would enjoy some tea or a drink.

We were expecting to be served right away as they knew we were waiting, yet it took ages for anybody to even bring us a menu.

At 2 we were luckily able to check in to our rooms. the concierge was very nice and showed us all the details of the room and left us with his card.

The spa:
I would like to state that this spa in no way reflects a 5 star hotel.
The reception was beyond rude to me and my friends, independant of each other.
I didnt think the facilities were kept well enough either, nor was the sauna or steam room big enough for the amount of guest/visitors.

The treatment area however was very nice in contrast to the rest and the treatments were great and very relaxing. the people were more proffessional and friendly as well.

we had dinner in the brasserie and service was lovely and so was the food. We felt very welcome and taken care of.

Breakfast was a bit disapointing and also not very accomodating. my friend arrived a few minutes before 10 and no effort was made to provide her with a hot breakfast. we were simply told that they do not serve food after 10. again not very 5 star treatment.

check-out was disapointing again, as there were lots of things that had been added to the bill that were already paid. this had already been mentioned the day before and yet it was on there again.
my credit card was also debited falsely and then corrected and this again happend a week later when I wasnt even there. Would i not have seen it, it would have been charged again. my taxi ride was also charged onto my credit card without even asking me if I would like to have this done.

we had met up with the manager to discuss the spa issue and she was very friendly and appologized for the way we were treated at the reception. we were offered a glass of champagne each which was a much appreciated gesture.

All in all I very much enjoyed the hotel and the rooms, dinner and the outside facilities. It is a lovely location and a beautiful hotel.
However the spa could be renovated a bit- the pool area is quite dark and also doesn‘t seem quite as clean as it should be.

The staff overall just is very young and hence lacks the experience to run a 5 star hotel. Things had to be mentioned multiple times and it just seems that they didnt really know, what 5 star service actually is.

good hotel, definitely not 5 star- i would give it another try...

Room Tip: Luxury Room
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Dear kristina091,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa,

Naturally, some of the comments you have raised are extremely concerning and not truly indicative of the quality and service we pride ourselves on providing. Please rest assured that your feedback has been relayed onto the relevant Heads of Departments to action appropriately.

I would finally like to invite you to contact me personally when thinking of returning to us in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Having recently stayed for a night at the Alexandra House hotel it was disappointing to not feel the charm of an old country house as it has been taken away by the bolted on more modern looking spa. The main restaurant itself didn't really impress either with food lacking in seasoning and the service a little unattentive to the diner. What was a delight were the rooms in The Lodge. These were exquisite, and all the facilities within were amazing. For Luxury this ticked the box and i'm sure the spa is amazing if I had used it. However if you are going for Olde style country house charm I'm sure there are other places to look at (Lainston House). Restaurant seems a bit overpriced too, it has some way to go to match the flavours you would find at many other a fine-dining establishment.

Room Tip: Room in the Lodge are fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Barry D,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review with regards to your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa.

I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our wonderful new Garden Suite, and that you found the facilities within the room to be amazing. Naturally, it is disappointing to read that the general decor throughout the hotel and spa were not in keeping with your expectation. Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience, I will personally ensure this is relayed to our Executive Head Chef.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2017

My reservation was transferred to Alexander House and I was amazed. I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and it was lush. The whole place is very clean and luxurious and the staff are very polite and friendly. My room was very spacious with a four poster bed and very quiet. the bathroom was massive and had an abundance of L'Occtaine toiletries. Breakfast was lovely and again the service was impeccable. I overheard a wedding party preparing for their big day and can only imagine the day they must have had! Unfortunately, I didn't get chance to use the Spa facilities as my visit was very short, but I would love to return, if I had the chance, to do so. The setting seems very tranquil - a perfect relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the scenery, ask, as other rooms face the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Dear andrea_wass,

Thank you for taking your time to post a wonderful review on our TripAdvisor page with regards to your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities to be most tranquil and relaxing. I am especially pleased to read that you found your complimentary upgrade to one of our junior suites to be most luxurious.

We can't wait to welcome you back for a relaxing spa break.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic time. The facilities are lovely and the grounds are superb. All the staff where amazing and nothing was too much. Would love to visit again. The spa treatments where exceptional. Wide choice of food with several options on where to eat.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear andyj2410,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us with some feedback regarding your recent stay at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from your exceptional spa treatment to your evening meal.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,