2,475 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suitebeautiful hotelrelaxation roomchanging roomson arrivalthe fine dining restaurantfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatroll top bathoutdoor saunarelaxing breakjunior suite
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We organised to stay at the hotel for my parents 50th wedding anniversary, from the point of booking until we left we were very well looked after.

My parents were bowled over with their free room upgrade in light of the special occasion. In the run up to the stay I was liasing with Cameron and Matthew (big shout out to them) in concierge, I was able to arrange a number of touches to make my parents stay a memorable one, they were incredibly helpful, responsive and patient!

The highlight for us was the surprise of dinner that we had booked in AG's being moved to a private room for us, it meant we could chat easily as a family, this was such a nice touch, I won't forget my parents faces, so a very thank you for the happy memories for all of us as a family.

The rooms are of course luxurious, with high quality furnishings, toiletries etc. All the usual things you would expect but great to see them delivering on this. The cleaning and turn down staff are particularly discreet.

All in all a top-quality hotel and a delightful memorable stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Kirsty R, Guest Relations Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Blondie31,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa as your choice of venue for your parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. It is a pleasure to read that they enjoyed all aspects of their stay, from their complimentary room upgrade to your evening meal in our AG's Restaurant.

Matthew and Cameron have personally read of your feedback and have expressed their sincere thanks for leaving them such a glowing review.

We can't wait to welcome you all back soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We had our wedding here a few years ago and it's always been a very special place for us, so we booked for afternoon tea as a treat.

The hotel remains as beautiful as ever, although we were disappointed to be seated in the general dining room rather than the much more beautiful lounge.

The service was top quality - Corina and Dora, our waitresses, were attentive, friendly, and very professional. The chef did a good job of making our afternoon teas suitable for vegetarians, though we were slightly disappointed that one of the sandwich options was simply a tomato sandwich - we'd been told it had avocado too, but we didn't find any! The cakes and scones, however, were delicious and the tea was very pleasant.

We did feel that the price was a little high for what you get - nearly £70 for the two of us; for such a high price we'd hoped for a little more refinement and quality but some of the food was rather basic (homous on toast, tomato sandwich, cucumber and cream cheese sandwich).

It was still a lovely afternoon tea in a very lovely hotel, with stunning views and lovely service. Worth doing, but be prepared to compromise a little on the quality compared to the price.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Rob_and_Michael,

Thank you for choosing to visit us again at Alexander House Hotel, and for taking your time to leave us with feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea.

Dora and Corina will be overjoyed to read of your kind words, I will personally ensure that they are made fully aware. I am disappointed however that on this occasion you did not feel as though your afternoon tea itself was of our normal high quality.

Please do contact me personally at the hotel when choosing to visit us again, and I will ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this venue as I was working in the area. Anna Louise looked after us at reception, quite possibly one of the most genuine receptions I've ever encountered, a real asset to you, thank you. The room was fabulous and We never wanted to leave the bed, so comfy!! Regretfully I only had an hour in the spa which was a real shame, but, the Spa, the breakfast, the service and the room are some of the many reasons we can wait to come back

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Kirsty R, Guest Relations Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear ANDYBSussex,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel for your choice of hotel base when working in the local area. Anna will be thrilled to read such kind feedback about her, and I have personally passed on your comments to her already.

We can't wait to welcome you back again soon, to enjoy more time in our Utopia Spa.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We visited Alexander House on a beautiful summers day, the grounds a spectacular and lovely to walk around. We visited he hotel for afternoon tea which was very tasty and the staff were lovely. Great experience and lovely place to do afternoon tea!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Emmaalex123,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on our TripAdvisor page with regards to your afternoon tea back in the summer. It is a pleasure that you enjoyed your afternoon with us and found our staff to be a pleasure.

We can't wait to welcome you back soon for another delicious afternoon tea!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Family event for our parents 60th wedding anniversary. Expected something special and at least attentive service.
Service was poor - served the wrong wine, muddled the steaks / sauces, bad timing on serving the main courses, got the coffee order wrong ......
Food was OK, steaks were apparently good, cod was dry and tasteless.
Not good.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Ian T,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your parents 60th wedding anniversary with us, and for posting a review after your experience.

Naturally, I am disappointed that your family event was not as expected due to service issues that you experienced. Rest assured, I will relay your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager to investigate immediately.

We would like to have the opportunity to change your tainted opinion of us by welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,