2,492 results
All reviews reflections restaurant champagne bar hot tub garden suite beautiful hotel relaxation room changing rooms on arrival the fine dining restaurant full body massage ag restaurant cedar lodge birthday treat roll top bath outdoor sauna relaxing break junior suite
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this venue as I was working in the area. Anna Louise looked after us at reception, quite possibly one of the most genuine receptions I've ever encountered, a real asset to you, thank you. The room was fabulous and We never wanted to leave the bed, so comfy!! Regretfully I only had an hour in the spa which was a real shame, but, the Spa, the breakfast, the service and the room are some of the many reasons we can wait to come back

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Kirsty R, Guest Relations Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear ANDYBSussex,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel for your choice of hotel base when working in the local area. Anna will be thrilled to read such kind feedback about her, and I have personally passed on your comments to her already.

We can't wait to welcome you back again soon, to enjoy more time in our Utopia Spa.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We visited Alexander House on a beautiful summers day, the grounds a spectacular and lovely to walk around. We visited he hotel for afternoon tea which was very tasty and the staff were lovely. Great experience and lovely place to do afternoon tea!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Emmaalex123,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on our TripAdvisor page with regards to your afternoon tea back in the summer. It is a pleasure that you enjoyed your afternoon with us and found our staff to be a pleasure.

We can't wait to welcome you back soon for another delicious afternoon tea!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Family event for our parents 60th wedding anniversary. Expected something special and at least attentive service.
Service was poor - served the wrong wine, muddled the steaks / sauces, bad timing on serving the main courses, got the coffee order wrong ......
Food was OK, steaks were apparently good, cod was dry and tasteless.
Not good.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Ian T,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your parents 60th wedding anniversary with us, and for posting a review after your experience.

Naturally, I am disappointed that your family event was not as expected due to service issues that you experienced. Rest assured, I will relay your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager to investigate immediately.

We would like to have the opportunity to change your tainted opinion of us by welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday as we usually visit London spas but wanted to try something new and we had seen Alexander utopia all over social media so thought we’d give it a go.
The grounds are beautiful and staff seemed friendly. I found this spa very busy for a place which is meant to be 5* and the element of luxury was definitely missing. The place was very crowded! It was disappointing that the sauna and steam room were separated in to the changing rooms so couldn’t sit with my husband.
The 85 minute massage was fab however the two course lunch we received didn’t seem very appetising for a 5* place. Literally got a small bit of chicken and some vegetables and a soup which was similar to heniz. And my husband ordered a dish which arrived as a place of crispy salad. The server in the restaurant wasn’t the happiest person so it made us feel uncomfortable!
One thing which was nice was the out door hot tub and as it was a cold day was empty!
Sadly I did have higher expectations of this place so definitely over paid on this occasion (we were only here for a day and it was very pricey compared to what we have received from 5* spas in London)

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Kirsty R, Guest Relations Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear bindiyay,

Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa as your choice of spa hotel for your most recent spa break. I am disappointed to read that you found your experience with us to only be of the average standard.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our spa facilities, although disappointing, I am pleased that you enjoyed your treatments. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto both our Food & Beverage Manager and Kitchen Brigade for their reference.

I do hope that this will not be your last visit to Alexander House Hotel, as we would not like this to be your lasting impression of us.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Perfect place for any special occasions, great food and very attentive staff in such beautiful surroundings. Had delicious lunch to celebrate birthday. Cannot fault it just amazing. Our second visit there and as perfect as our first which was at the spa

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Nassehra V,

Thank you for choosing to join us for a special birthday celebration, and for taking your time to post your thoughts on our TripAdvisor page.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another spa day, lunch, or perhaps an overnight spa break.

Kindest regards,