2,492 results
All reviews reflections restaurant champagne bar hot tub garden suite beautiful hotel relaxation room changing rooms on arrival the fine dining restaurant full body massage ag restaurant cedar lodge birthday treat roll top bath outdoor sauna relaxing break junior suite
Reviewed January 12, 2009

One the best hotels we have ever been to.
All staff were friendy, courteous and helpful at all times.
The room was outstanding, the food delightful and all within a modest budget.
The Spa facilities were great and the treatment staff made you feel at ease.

Stayed: December 2008
2  Thank BBBTWells
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Myself and 3 girlfriends booked a sunday night spa break at the beginning of December as a christmas treat. We had searched for a Spa hotel and were particularly impressed with the Alexander House's hotel website. We upgraded to deluxe rooms and asked if they could all be next to each other. The hotel were very helpful and accommodating on the phone. All our spa treatments were emailed and confirmed correctly and we were really looking forward to our stay.

On our arrival, the doorman immediately offered to help with bags. The reception staff were also falling over themselves to help us. Our rooms were in the new spa wing and were immaculate and beautiful, with impressive bathrooms and all individually handsomely decorated. Within 5 minutes of me being in my room, the hotel reception called to check i was happy with my room and if I needed anything - I was impressed.

We had afternoon tea in the lobby in front of a lovely log fire. The staff were friendly, chatty and attentive. We then spent the rest of the day in the Spa which was just so beautiful. Our treatments were all fantastic and we ended up wishing we had booked more. We then ended the day with a meal in the Brasserie restaurant - again excellent. On returning, our beds had all been turned down, the lights turned low and relaxing music was left playing.

As part of our break, we were allowed to stay on at the spa during the following day after checkout. Because of treatments the other girls were having, I took the bags down. The doorman was so very helpful and insisted on carrying all our bags and loading them into the car. You are encouraged to drift around the hotel in your spa dressing gowns, which we did enjoying another lovely tea in the drawing room. The doorman lit a fire for us, and made sure we didn't want for anything.

I think the thing we all appreciated was the attention to detail. The hotel is really beautiful and it is worth allowing yourself enough time to just sit still and take it all in. We had a truly magical stay and really didn't want to leave. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so indulgent and relaxing - never were there 4 girls who needed it more!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nicky998
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Stayed at Alexander House Hotel just before Christmas for a relaxing birthday weekend for my husband. What a lovely hotel - elegant and comfortable surroundings, superb quality of service from highly eficient friendly staff, excellent Spa facilities. We had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2009

A Late booking to see in the new year having searched for hours looking for inspiration, Alexander House was a welcome discovery. The Hotel mixes the high quality modern contempory spa with the traditional country house hotel to excellent effect. The attention to detail from the guest room, the brassierie, champage bar and spa were the best we have seen in the UK. Standards are high and all the staff service we dealt with were very attentive and made us feel special. Small things that stand out were excellent toiletries and bathrooms. Our only regret was the main resurant was closed and we would have like to have tried what looked a super michelan quality menu.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We arrived at Alexander House mid December for a relaxing mother/daughter get away. This was our second visit to the Hotel since Dec 06. Even then we did not think that things could be better.

We booked a deluxe classic twin room and on checking in we were upgraded to the Master Spa Suite. I stay in hotels regularly as I work for an airline. This room took my breath away.....and the bathroom?...sheer opulence with lots of little creature comforts.

The staff are a real credit to this establishment and you are tainted with the vibe that everyone really enjoys working there. All very engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly. The bar and lounges manager, Stuart ensures that his guests are happy with the wine that they have selected, great knowledge,and makes the most wicked Bailey's Coffee!

The food served in Reflections brasserie was excellent. A lovely relaxed atmosphore will glass walls that look out onto beautiful big fire pit. Would even visit the hotel just to eat there if time was short.

Utopia Spa is wonderful. The treatments and therapists were all excellent and you feel like floating on a cloud as you come to your senses in the Relaxation room.

I would recommend without hesitation anyone who needs time out from the stresses of life. It really is a beautiful building and I can honestly say one of the nicest experiences of my hoteling life!

Go and enjoy!!