2,475 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suitebeautiful hotelrelaxation roomchanging roomson arrivalthe fine dining restaurantfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatroll top bathoutdoor saunarelaxing breakjunior suite
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We booked a 4 hour spa experience including a 55 minute treatment and afternoon tea. The hotel certainly is impressive upon arrival, how the other half live! Registration was quick and polite, we were a bit early as we'd travelled a long way and we wee allowed in earlier than we'd booked. However, our afternoon tea was scheduled for the last hour of our slot which was a bit of a swizz as I thought we'd have 4 hours in the spa.
The robes are much too small which is embarrassing if you are a tad larger.
The main pool area is very nice, with easy chairs rather than loungers. We dipped into the outside jacuzzi too despite a grey day. Lots of wasps there though. Steam room and sauna nice but nothing special. The highlight was the treatments, mine, a facial, was the best I've had, I would highly recommend Trisha who has magic hands, just brilliant :) there is a relaxation room but it's just a quiet room but with led lights blazing, I prefer the dark rooms with mood music you find in some spas. Afternoon tea was very nice, best tea ever, hot and lovely flavour, the sandwiches also a highlight especially the egg, and the crab & salmon - yum. It wasn't hugely grand though, and service a bit hit or miss. They are building a large block of spa suites in the grounds, I hope they are extending the spa as the existing offering is not enough to warrant an actual spa trip.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear rubyhettybetty2014

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa with the TripAdvisor community.
It was a real pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting the professional approach of our Spa therapist Trisha. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire Spa team. I am very pleased to read that you have had a fabulous Afternoon Tea here with us in our South Drawing room overlooking our lovely gardens. Now that the weather is improving we are looking forward to also be able to offer our Fresco dining for Lunch and Afternoon Tea on the terrace.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were a party of four staying on a groupon offer. We took advantage of upgrading our room to a luxury double, and had a great view looking out onto the outside hot tub. We also paid extra to stay on a sunday night.

We dined in the bistro at lunchtime, eating an array of sandwiches and their signature burger, and wow what a burger it was, it took two of us to finish it off.

We all indulged ourselves to a treatment in the spa, three had massages and I had the 85min facial, and fell asleep ZZzzzzzz.

I've stayed at so many spas over the years and have to say all our party said they will be returning. It truly is 5*, the staff are very helpful and if you require anything extra that is no problem.

The rooms are lovely, beds very comfortable, outside hot tub does get a little busy, but think it was because we went on a very sunny two days in April.

We have stayed at their sister hotel Rowhill as well, and have to say its worth the extra money and distance to stay here. Just silly things like free bathrobes, slippers, good hair dryers and straighteners in the changing rooms, and nice fluffy towels to use really makes a difference and frees up space in overnight bags.

Sarah

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sarahs270574,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.
It was a pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting the outstanding service in our hotel and spa.
Your words mean the world to us and you can count on our entire hotel team to make you feel at home again on your next visit.
I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back.

best wishes

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend, we booked a dinner bed and breakfast rate.

The room was relativity small and I think I would upgrade next time, however it did the job perfectly well. Very comfortable bed and big flat screen etc.

The spa is to die for there is about 3 to 4 different pools with relaxing beds all around, there is also a outdoor hot tub which was very nice.

We ate in the fine dine restaurant which I can't give another praise to. The attention to detail with everything was great. We had a couple of drinks before in the bar and sat down for a food extravaganza. There was assortments of amuse bouches between courses. My wife and I both had scallops to start and then shared a chateaux brion which was exceptional.

The breakfast also didn't disappoint.

Overall a great hotel to relax in.

Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear ChrisA.

We are grateful for your kind words in relation to facilities and our outlets and the service offered by our staff. We are very proud of our employees who work hard to ensure our guests receive a memorable experience, and your compliments are evidence of our belief.
In our business nothing is more rewarding and motivating than to know that our guests recognize the commitment and passion with which our employees perform their work. Please be assured that I am going to share your words of appreciation with all of them. We are very proud that the service you received from us prompted you to write such commending review on world travellers’ public website.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

It was a lovely break in a beautiful location. All members of staff make you feel special and welcome. Although I hadn't booked the popular afternoon tea the staff fitted me in with no fuss and were very accommodating due to my allergies. The food is gorgous and the spa is extremely relaxing. This was my second visit and I will defianlty be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ailish B

Thank you for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured to read on the Trip Advisor website that you rank us “very accommodating to all requests!” It makes us feel proud.
We hope should your travels bring you back to West Sussex or Gatwick and that you would continue considering Alexander House Hotel your hotel of choice

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel. We went for a weekend break in January and were completely wowed. From the food to the rooms to the spa, it was all completely amazing.

On arrival we were given glasses of prosecco while we waited for our rooms to be ready, then taken on a grand tour by the porter. Our room was beautiful with a fantastic bathroom. And dinner at AG's was fantastic. The tasting menu lived up to its 3AA rating and drinks in the champagne bar before and after were the icing on the cake.

We had the most relaxing massages and spent all day in the spa area. It was raining so it seemed the right thing to do. We even sat in the outdoor jaccuzzi in the rain.

The service and amenities were all spectacular and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lizveall,

We are very proud that the location, the ambience of our hotel as well as the service you received from us prompted you to write.
I was delighted to read that you had a truly memorable stay with us this January.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.