2,493 results
All reviews reflections restaurant champagne bar hot tub garden suite beautiful hotel relaxation room changing rooms on arrival the fine dining restaurant full body massage ag restaurant cedar lodge birthday treat roll top bath outdoor sauna relaxing break junior suite
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were a party of four staying on a groupon offer. We took advantage of upgrading our room to a luxury double, and had a great view looking out onto the outside hot tub. We also paid extra to stay on a sunday night.

We dined in the bistro at lunchtime, eating an array of sandwiches and their signature burger, and wow what a burger it was, it took two of us to finish it off.

We all indulged ourselves to a treatment in the spa, three had massages and I had the 85min facial, and fell asleep ZZzzzzzz.

I've stayed at so many spas over the years and have to say all our party said they will be returning. It truly is 5*, the staff are very helpful and if you require anything extra that is no problem.

The rooms are lovely, beds very comfortable, outside hot tub does get a little busy, but think it was because we went on a very sunny two days in April.

We have stayed at their sister hotel Rowhill as well, and have to say its worth the extra money and distance to stay here. Just silly things like free bathrobes, slippers, good hair dryers and straighteners in the changing rooms, and nice fluffy towels to use really makes a difference and frees up space in overnight bags.

Sarah

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Sarahs270574,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.
It was a pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting the outstanding service in our hotel and spa.
Your words mean the world to us and you can count on our entire hotel team to make you feel at home again on your next visit.
I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back.

best wishes

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend, we booked a dinner bed and breakfast rate.

The room was relativity small and I think I would upgrade next time, however it did the job perfectly well. Very comfortable bed and big flat screen etc.

The spa is to die for there is about 3 to 4 different pools with relaxing beds all around, there is also a outdoor hot tub which was very nice.

We ate in the fine dine restaurant which I can't give another praise to. The attention to detail with everything was great. We had a couple of drinks before in the bar and sat down for a food extravaganza. There was assortments of amuse bouches between courses. My wife and I both had scallops to start and then shared a chateaux brion which was exceptional.

The breakfast also didn't disappoint.

Overall a great hotel to relax in.

Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear ChrisA.

We are grateful for your kind words in relation to facilities and our outlets and the service offered by our staff. We are very proud of our employees who work hard to ensure our guests receive a memorable experience, and your compliments are evidence of our belief.
In our business nothing is more rewarding and motivating than to know that our guests recognize the commitment and passion with which our employees perform their work. Please be assured that I am going to share your words of appreciation with all of them. We are very proud that the service you received from us prompted you to write such commending review on world travellers’ public website.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

It was a lovely break in a beautiful location. All members of staff make you feel special and welcome. Although I hadn't booked the popular afternoon tea the staff fitted me in with no fuss and were very accommodating due to my allergies. The food is gorgous and the spa is extremely relaxing. This was my second visit and I will defianlty be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ailish B

Thank you for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured to read on the Trip Advisor website that you rank us “very accommodating to all requests!” It makes us feel proud.
We hope should your travels bring you back to West Sussex or Gatwick and that you would continue considering Alexander House Hotel your hotel of choice

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel. We went for a weekend break in January and were completely wowed. From the food to the rooms to the spa, it was all completely amazing.

On arrival we were given glasses of prosecco while we waited for our rooms to be ready, then taken on a grand tour by the porter. Our room was beautiful with a fantastic bathroom. And dinner at AG's was fantastic. The tasting menu lived up to its 3AA rating and drinks in the champagne bar before and after were the icing on the cake.

We had the most relaxing massages and spent all day in the spa area. It was raining so it seemed the right thing to do. We even sat in the outdoor jaccuzzi in the rain.

The service and amenities were all spectacular and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lizveall,

We are very proud that the location, the ambience of our hotel as well as the service you received from us prompted you to write.
I was delighted to read that you had a truly memorable stay with us this January.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, surrounded by woodland. The spa treatments are extremely good and we would recommend reflexology in particular. There are two restaurants here. The food in both is excellent. Our room was spacious and had wonderful views over the trees. We went on a walk on the trekking trail and saw deer and an owl. The staff are very helpful and lovely. A major bonus during our stay was that there were no children staying at the hotel, which made it a much more peaceful and relaxing break. Our only tiny complaint would be that service is a little slow in the restaurants, perhaps due to a slight lack of staff. But this is only a quibble. A romantic and relaxing place to unwind.

Room Tip: We stayed in Acer which is a beautiful large corner room with three windows overlooking woodland. I'd avoid rooms near the outdoor hot tub as they might be a bit more noisy, unless you like listening to the kind of conversations that strangers have when they are in hot tubs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear accidentaltoorist,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at Alexander House Hotel.
I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our beautiful Acer room.
I am glad to learn that you were able to indulge yourself in our Utopia Spa.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards