2,474 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suitebeautiful hotelrelaxation roomchanging roomson arrivalthe fine dining restaurantfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatroll top bathoutdoor saunarelaxing breakjunior suite
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend, we booked a dinner bed and breakfast rate.

The room was relativity small and I think I would upgrade next time, however it did the job perfectly well. Very comfortable bed and big flat screen etc.

The spa is to die for there is about 3 to 4 different pools with relaxing beds all around, there is also a outdoor hot tub which was very nice.

We ate in the fine dine restaurant which I can't give another praise to. The attention to detail with everything was great. We had a couple of drinks before in the bar and sat down for a food extravaganza. There was assortments of amuse bouches between courses. My wife and I both had scallops to start and then shared a chateaux brion which was exceptional.

The breakfast also didn't disappoint.

Overall a great hotel to relax in.

Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear ChrisA.

We are grateful for your kind words in relation to facilities and our outlets and the service offered by our staff. We are very proud of our employees who work hard to ensure our guests receive a memorable experience, and your compliments are evidence of our belief.
In our business nothing is more rewarding and motivating than to know that our guests recognize the commitment and passion with which our employees perform their work. Please be assured that I am going to share your words of appreciation with all of them. We are very proud that the service you received from us prompted you to write such commending review on world travellers’ public website.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

It was a lovely break in a beautiful location. All members of staff make you feel special and welcome. Although I hadn't booked the popular afternoon tea the staff fitted me in with no fuss and were very accommodating due to my allergies. The food is gorgous and the spa is extremely relaxing. This was my second visit and I will defianlty be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ailish B

Thank you for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured to read on the Trip Advisor website that you rank us “very accommodating to all requests!” It makes us feel proud.
We hope should your travels bring you back to West Sussex or Gatwick and that you would continue considering Alexander House Hotel your hotel of choice

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel. We went for a weekend break in January and were completely wowed. From the food to the rooms to the spa, it was all completely amazing.

On arrival we were given glasses of prosecco while we waited for our rooms to be ready, then taken on a grand tour by the porter. Our room was beautiful with a fantastic bathroom. And dinner at AG's was fantastic. The tasting menu lived up to its 3AA rating and drinks in the champagne bar before and after were the icing on the cake.

We had the most relaxing massages and spent all day in the spa area. It was raining so it seemed the right thing to do. We even sat in the outdoor jaccuzzi in the rain.

The service and amenities were all spectacular and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lizveall,

We are very proud that the location, the ambience of our hotel as well as the service you received from us prompted you to write.
I was delighted to read that you had a truly memorable stay with us this January.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, surrounded by woodland. The spa treatments are extremely good and we would recommend reflexology in particular. There are two restaurants here. The food in both is excellent. Our room was spacious and had wonderful views over the trees. We went on a walk on the trekking trail and saw deer and an owl. The staff are very helpful and lovely. A major bonus during our stay was that there were no children staying at the hotel, which made it a much more peaceful and relaxing break. Our only tiny complaint would be that service is a little slow in the restaurants, perhaps due to a slight lack of staff. But this is only a quibble. A romantic and relaxing place to unwind.

Room Tip: We stayed in Acer which is a beautiful large corner room with three windows overlooking woodland. I'd avoid rooms near the outdoor hot tub as they might be a bit more noisy, unless you like listening to the kind of conversations that strangers have when they are in hot tubs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear accidentaltoorist,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at Alexander House Hotel.
I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our beautiful Acer room.
I am glad to learn that you were able to indulge yourself in our Utopia Spa.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just come back from a fabulous one night stay. It was an anniversary treat, and treat it certainly was! The hotel and grounds are beautiful and our room was a delight to stay in. The decor was gorgeous and although the room and ensuite were both a very good size, the bedroom still had a cosy feel. We spent the afternoon in the Spa and having spent a few hours enjoying the facilites felt wonderfully relaxed for our evening. Had a delicious meal in Reflections, the food was all prepared to a high standard and neither of us could fault anything. We started and finished the evening with a drinks in the Champagne bar which was perfect. After the most wonderful sleep, on the most comfortable beds, we finished our stay with breakfast the next morning, which was hearty and again delicious!

All the staff were an absolute credit to the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and, all of them went that extra mile to make sure that our stay was just perfect. They were friendly, helpful and polite and I cannot think of one thing that I felt was lacking. I cannot recommend both the hotel and spa highly enough and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear AnneB

Thank you for giving us such a positive opinion about the hotel. As your comfort and well-being is our greatest concern we are thrilled to hear that you have found our service excellent.

We put great emphasis on the highest convenience provided in our hotel to make your stay as remarkable as possible, therefore we are happy to read your satisfaction about the helpfulness of the staff.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for you next visit to Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa.