2,476 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suitebeautiful hotelrelaxation roomchanging roomson arrivalthe fine dining restaurantfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatroll top bathoutdoor saunarelaxing breakjunior suite
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked a night stay ,and spa treatments for me and my girlfriend , for her birthday . Although the treatments were very nice . And the actual spa was gorgeous . The rooms were terrible , first we we're put in a tiny room , I noticed stains on the walls , in the bathroom wall paper was peeling off, when I asked to move , they tryed to charge us additional fee which we refused . Once they took a look they soon moved us .Are other room a lot nicer , but the walls were all hollow , you could hear absolutely everything your neighbours talking , people walking up and down . My girlfriend barely slept because she could here are neighbours talking . Apart from the rooms everything was lovely , the food was top notch

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lee P
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear LeeP,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your Spa and Restaurant experience at Alexander House Hotel.
We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests.
In regards to the issues you experienced in the room, we are sorry to hear that we were unable to solve the issue on the spot. This was fixed by our maintenance team at a later time.
Please except our apologies for the noise disturbance emitting from the next door room, and as we were at full occupancy were unable to relocate you to a quieter room. We are currently installing full sound proof doors to prevent future like issues.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We treated ourselves to a romantic weekend break to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. I have to say it was the most expensive weekend we ever had BUT it was sooo worth it! From start to finish it was amazing. Special mention to Keith the concierge who added a quintessential British Charm to the hotel ( I felt as though we were on Downton Abbey!) & Christian the bartender at the 1608 Champagne Bar who made the most delicious cocktails. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and we had a lovely walk in the surrounding woods. The room luxuroius, the meals were nothing less than exceptional & the spa was just pure bliss. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonia R

Dear SoniaR,

Thank you for this positive feedback!

I am truly glad to hear that the whole team was welcoming and attentive as we strive in providing the best service.
I have personally made sure that your comments have been forwarded to Keith Farley our Doorman and to Christian Smith our Barman; both of them were delighted to hear about your kind words.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I'm gutted that I've only just discovered this place, it's lovely!

The team in the hotel are the best I've encountered during my 4 week trip in the uk, the service is genuinely exceptional.

I only had a massage in the spa but it was great. Looking forward to coming back

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear runtothesunlondon,

Thank you so much for this very positive feedback.

It was a pleasure for us to pamper you throughout your stay.

I thank you for your words of praise concerning all of the departments in the hotel.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I would say exceptional but there again you wouldn't expect anything less if you were thinking of staying here.

My partner treated me to a night's stay with spa treatments for my 40th Birthday. We stayed in a suite which was simply stunning. Such a perfect way to celebrate the dawn of a new decade. The staff even sent me a birthday card – now that's such a nice touch.

Service was very attentive whilst respecting your space. Very professional from the point of being greeted at the door; being shown to our rooms; room service with dinner and breakfast arriving perfectly on time; staff turning down our beds in the evening; and the staff in the spa put you at ease from the moment you walked in. Perfect.

If you want to really treat yourself then have no hesitation and book yourself here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear DeanodogUK,

Thank you for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured to read on the Tripadvisor website that you rank us “Exceptional - a wonderful choice” It makes us feel proud.
We very much look forward to seeing both of you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We came across Alexander House after a quick online search and by far it looked the best for spa breaks just outside London and with the packages available it offered a good variety of choice at a range of prices.

The hotel itself is set in beautiful grounds and the interior of the building was without fault from the luxurious lounge area, champagne room straight from the front cover of an interior design magazine, all the way up to the grandeur of the bedroom.

In terms of food, we were there for two nights so got to dine at both the fine dining restaurant and the bistro. On the first night we opted for the tasting menu with accompanying wines of which the food was beautifully presented by I felt was lacking in real depth of flavour in some dishes, however, this was more than made up for by the sommelier's choice of wines and expert explanations of each tipple. The restaurant was slightly lacking in atmosphere but definitely delivered on the regency feel of the grand interior of the building. The 'Reflections' dining room offered a more relaxed experience the second night and in all I thought was excellent in both presentation and variety of menu.

In regards to the spa we both indulged and had full body messages and facials, the utopia spa itself is definitely the highlight of the venue. The staff were polite and professional and the pool area was first class in both design and comfort, there is even an outdoor jacuzzi for the brave!

Overall we really enjoyed the stay, the hotel was perfectly presented and the Grecian style spa which was advertised 'the best in the south east' did not disappoint. My only criticism would be the service which although was attentive and friendly was slightly lacking in finesse.

I would definitely recommend Alexander House for special occasions as a couple or with friends. Special mention to Ray for his brilliant guided tour and Alex for his recommendation of locally sourced wine which we have decided to have at our wedding reception.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear AnthonyC,

Thank you for so much praise , we are all pleased to hear that you have unforgettable stay with us.
I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed our Spa itself and the great care from all the Alexander House Hotel Team
My team and I look forward to welcome you back.

best wishes