“Had a few issues but all resolved............”

Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Fantastic venue and lovely welcoming staff. They had a problem with our original date but upgraded our room for the alternative. The TV didn't work and we couldn't get the time we wanted in the brasserie but on balance all issues were sympathetically resolved. Food fantastic both dinner and breakfast. The staff really did make you think that nothing was an reasonable request. There was a wedding reception on at the same time but that just added to the atmosphere.

1  Thank JanandRog
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear JanandRog,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read that in overall you enjoyed your stay at Alexander House Hotel.
We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests.
I was sorry to learn of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I was happy to read of how well managed you felt the situation was handled.

Thank you once again for providing feedback and I do hope you will revisit us

Front Of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

High class venue with top service and food.I would recommend the Cheeseburger with maybe a red wine. The spa and treatment was awesome.I opted for a 55 minute full body massage and from there I was in and out of the spa tubs, saunas and steam room. It as as if I had left the country, yet only 10 minutes away from my home.

A must stay for any stressed out executive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank James M

Dear JamesM

I highly appreciated your generous feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. It sounds as if you had a delightful time and experience in our Hotel.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future perhaps you can back for Sunday lunch in to our newly awarded three rosette restaurant AG`s

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a spa break to celebrate my birthday. The hotel is very grand, the rooms were chic and the spa was luxurious. We had wonderful treatments; massage and facial, which were very relaxing. However our dining experience was a let down with very average food. After paying a significant amount of money for a one night stay and spa including dinner at Reflections restaurant it was a little disappointing but fortunately this did not spoil an overall very enjoyable time.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank KGryce

Dear KGryce,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel to stay. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Alexander House Hotel.
I am so sorry to read or Restaurants did not meet your expectations. This is absolutely not indicative of the level of service that we pride ourselves on providing
We are very keen to receive feedback on our food and generally only receive good feedback on the choice on offer between our two restaurants.
Thank you once again for providing feedback and I do hope you will revisit us, giving us a chance to change your opinion on our restaurant.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had my wedding here and highly recommend. The food was amazing and the staff were great too. The rooms were also amazing (albeit pricey) but well worth it. - would highly recommend and would definitely stay again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank steve1984715

Dear Steve1984715,

First of all congratulation's once again! Thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and the Venue .
We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests. Hopefully you will get the chance to join us for our new Overnight Stay & Cookery Course with Rosemary Shrager which is on sale now.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just stayed for a one night break to celebrate a birthday. Spa is outstanding, clean quiet and well looked after - loved the outdoor tub. We left an item of clothing, it was found, packaged and arrived one day later. Now that is good ! Breakfast was wonderful and I have no complaints to make about this stunning hotel - I will come again - of course in this world you get what you pay for and this is a luxury hotel so everything is expensive - I would love to see some draft lager at the bar Mr Hotel Manager - that was disappointing as I was excited about having a cold draught beer in the lounge and you only had bottles ! Shame on you !

1  Thank Casey K

Dear CaseyK,

Thank you so much for this fantastic, detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.
I am however, very sorry to hear that you were not happy with our bottled beers but I am happy to read that your overall stay was perfect.
Your review will most definitely encourage us to continue to strive for superior customer service.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for my partners birthday and had 2 treatments in the spa each,we had a double room for our treatments which made even more special for us. We stayed in one of the spa rooms which was gorgeous,the bathroom was wonderful,the food was amazing,we didn't want to leave!! This was our first time doing anything like this,we can't wait to come back!! We definitely recommend it, as a couple it's the perfect thing to do for some 'us' time!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank AndyCaz1980

Dear AndyCaz1980,

I am delighted that we could contribute to your memorable experience and we were able to enhance your stay in our charming Hotel with the occasion of your partners birthday.
I am glad to learn that you also enjoyed your treatments were able to indulge yourself in our Utopia Spa.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived at Alexander House on Sunday evening having booked and paid over 1 year ago. Disappointing that what purports to be a relaxing spa weekend turned into a series of unfortunate events. The lift was broken, not a good omen either. In reviews it states that the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta have stayed here, I wonder which floor they stayed on.

Far from this being relaxing to fit in the spa treatments and the meals, meant it was far from relaxing.

However I have to say, that the staff who I saw for my treatments in the Spa are worth a mention. Christine and Hayley both recovered this for the hotel. I will try a visit again, but it hope that this time the hotel part is better organised.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are fabulous.