The spa certainly merits five stars: lovely pool, outdoor jacuzzi, etc. We visited in August; I imagine the spa might feel like even more of a luxury on a cold winter's day. We got a cheap deal on the hotel and overall it was good value for money. The cheapest rooms are apparently all in the older part of the hotel - great if you want a room with character (we had a four-poster bed) but perhaps something to be wary of if you prefer a modern feel. Full breakfast was nice enough but doesn't deserve five stars, or the thirty-pound price tag it comes with if you pay for it separately: seekers of 'luxury' would probably be disappointed to have toast made from a sliced loaf from the supermarket. A word of praise for the staff: all extremely friendly and approachable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 170 acres of stunning private gardens and parkland, Alexander House Hotel in Sussex is both a boutique retreat and an unsurpassed destination spa hotel near London, UK, the heart of South England's countryside. With tastefully designed, luxurious bedrooms, award winning Utopia Spa and a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Alexander House Hotel is ideal for a weekend luxury escape in Sussex countryside and is a perfectly appointed private function venue, wedding venue near London and business events venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander House & Utopia Hotel East Grinstead
- Alexander House And Utopia Spa
- Alexander Hotel Utopia
- Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK