“Good food, lovely room &relaxing stay”

Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Surrey
“Good food, lovely room &relaxing stay”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Enjoyed an evening and night at The Felbridge Hotel. Lovely comfortable room with everything we could wish for, overlooking the garden. Enjoyed the spa facilities, swim & sauna although sadly the Jacuzzi was not working properly!
The evening meal was superb; a great choice with a very nice "wine of the month" in a very attractively furnished dining room. Service was a little slow but as we were staying, it was not a problem.
A good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed in a properly air conditioned room with Elemis bath products!
Breakfast was excellent with a wonderful choice of fresh fruit, cold meat, cereals, dried fruit & nuts, fresh pastries & of course a quality cooked breakfast! I especially enjoyed the mushrooms!
Thank you, we will be back.

Room Tip: overlooking garden
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your valuable time out in writing a good review on the hotel following your recent stay. I am pleased to read that all aspects of your stay was good and its always wonderful to read when the guest enjoys the stay so much that they promise to come back.

I am sorry that the Jacuzzi wasn't working on the day and we did manage to fix this on the second day. I am glad that you enjoyed the dining at Felbridge and that you liked the wine of the month offer which we have just recently started. Your comment about slow service has been discussed with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef and improvement steps have been taken.

We will look forward in welcoming you back in near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Hungarian first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Booked for one night through APH as an "airport hotel with parking" package - the first time we had tried this option for a Gatwick flight. We paid £90, which included parking at the hotel for the night of our stay + 9 days at the APH car park. The hotel is 8 miles from the airport but only 2 miles from the APH car park, and as most of the options quoted by APH included parking at their car park, the close proximity of the Felbridge compared to other more typical airport hotels appealed to us.

It proved to be a very sound choice - we didn't get caught up in any traffic on the short trip to the APH car park, but as anticipated traffic was much busier on the transfer route between the car park and airport. The hotel itself is set in a nice-looking village - there is a pub on the opposite corner, although we chose to eat in at the hotel's Bay Tree Restaurant, where the prices were reasonable, and we were suitably impressed with the quality of both food and service.

Our room was perhaps on the small side, but clean and modern, and perfectly adequate for our purposes. The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear any noise whatsoever. The bathroom, too, was clean & modern (Elemis toiletries provided) but we found that whilst the temperature in the room itself was comfortable, the bathroom felt distinctly chilly first thing in the morning - there had been an overnight frost, and its possible there may have been something we could have done to adjust the bathroom temperature, but there was nothing immediately apparent. The only other minor issue was that our room was a fair way down the corridors from the reception, and to get to it involved negotiating about half a dozen steps - not a big deal, but a bit of an inconvenience when you are lugging your cases with you.

All in all we were very satisfied with our experience, and would have no hesitation in using the Felbridge again if flying out of Gatwick. Indeed, we might be tempted to arrive earlier in the day, or even stay an extra night or two in order to make use of the swimming pool / spa facilities (not enough time available to check them out on this stay) and/or explore the local surrounding area, which is not one that we are familiar with, and seemed quite pleasant based on what we saw on our brief visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your views and experience on tripadvisor website.

I am pleased that you had a lovely stay here and that you had a good time enjoying the hotel facilities.

We will be looking forward to serve you soon in not too distant future.

London
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a spa break from Saturday to Sunday in March.

The chap at the reception desk was very sweet and accommodating and so was Tibor who showed us to our room and later had to come back and unlock our safe as we had tapped in the wrong code, er, three times.

Our room was a bright and large twin room (possibly a superior room?); plenty of space to swing a cat if we wanted. No complaints. Bathroom was compact, but perfectly serviceable.

The spa experiences were fab; massagers and facials left us shiny and new. The pool and the jacuzzi were a little crowded, but we made do.

Dinner was in the Bay Tree restaurant. We couldn't really fault any of it (although smoked cheese on the burger was odd) and the serving staff was delightful. breakfast was also very good.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay. We were lucky there were no functions that night, so we slept like babies.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stine H
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing a nice review on the hotel following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the Felbridge hotel. Your comments about excellent customer service offered by Tibor has been shared with him and he would also like to thank you for your kind comments.

You stayed in a superior room which I am glad that you liked it.

We hope to serve you again in not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Oh My God It’s Amazing

We often visit to UK from Dubai as we have a business here and normally stay bran

ds like Novotel, Hyatt …….We normally come to Heathrow but this time we had to

come Gatwick and we wanted a good spa hotel from where we can work and relax

too. Reviews for Felbridge gave me a mixed feeling that should we book this or

better to go with 5 star. So thought let’s give it a go to The Felbridge Hotel

Warm check-in by a beautiful receptionist and I was suggested to take the upgrade to

Superior room.. so he ho Why not we paid a £15 extra……………………..Decent

size room with a good view to garden and posh toiletries. Honestly speaking the

amenities and standard of the room I lived was nowhere less than a 5 star so very

pleased.

Excellent relaxing Spa with all the facilities inside what you need. I was bit concerned

reading reviews how busy Spa could be on Saturday but found this really pleasant.

Yes this was busy but I can’t class this overcrowded and I will hate to go to a spa

which is empty. Treatments were so nice that I felt asleep and my partner loved a

massage too

Here comes evening and we had one of the best meals after a long time, this was

Baytree brasserie our 3 courses were delicious. All very young waiting staff there and

waitress serving us was very cheerful and perhaps east European girl. Sorry don’t

remember the name. Trust me you will love the breakfast there.

Very courteous and helpful staff specially restaurant and reception, cant expect more

from them. Thank you Felbridge. We will be visiting again next year

PS- Nice wine selection
Adnan Wahidi +971562756170

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read that you have chosen Felbridge hotel on this occasion and that it turned to be a very good decision.

I am glad that your through out experience was brilliant and hope to see you on your next stay with us.

Sussex
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were attending a function at this hotel, so decided to stay the night. Must say the food at the function was very good, especially for a mass catered event. However, the accommodation wasn't quite the same standard as the food - the room was fairly comfortable but lacking in character or ambience. The worst problem was the terrible whining noise which seemed to be coming from the air con (although air con was switched off). Unfortunately, we just dropped our bags in the room before going to the function, so didn't notice it in time to alert staff to the problem. However, it meant we hardly slept a wink all night. We did inform reception in the morning but they didn't seem particularly interested or concerned. If you get a room without noise then I'm sure it is fine for a stayover after a function or on the way to Gatwick, but I must say I wouldn't choose it for a spa weekend, as it seemed rather functional and characterless.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in placing a review on the hotel following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the meal served in the event. May I offer my apologise for the noise from Air conditioning. Our maintenance team had a look of the unit and couldn't find any extra noise however we have re serviced this. We had a goo numbers of rooms available on that night and unfortunately we were not aware of the problems you were facing otherwise we could have offered you another quiet room.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Kind regards

Farnsfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at Felbridge Spa for a couple of weeks with work. Initially it looked like rooms would be too expensive for the corporate rate but it's worth giving them a call and asking. They saw me right. The booking, which I did over the phone, was smooth and very friendly. Ellie helped me out with a little local knowledge which is always welcome.

Check-in, that all important first impression, was seamless. They had an uphill struggle, the ride in was a nightmare (traffic around this hotel is a disaster, allow plenty of time) full of closed roads and I arrived very late so I was in a pretty foul mood but everything was in place and I was soon in my room which was a nice size for being so close to London and very clean. I had a good, if short, nights sleep, and went off to do my thing after a very good cooked breakfast.

Could have used some yoghurt for the breakfast to go with the watermelon.

Got back to my room early afternoon and enjoyed the spa which is a nicely warmed room with a medium sized pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The temperature of the room is a nice touch that not many places get right.

The shower in my room is very controllable, always hot water, only criticism is that you have to stand in the bath so that's never perfect but they thoughtfully provide a soap dish so that nightmare is tamed somewhat.

After a few hours chilling out in the spa I went for some food in one of the few restaurants, the service was exceptional, friendly and helpful without being stuck up. Very, very impressed, the kids working in that restaurant achieve something very rare. The menu sounded gorgeous, I could have eaten anything and what I did eat was great. The rate wasn't bad either, so the food seemed like good value for money.

I'm back here next week for a few days and I'm genuinely looking forward to it. These reviews are more entertaining when the hotel is bad, but I don't really have anything to say bad about this place so, sorry if it wasn't very funny:(

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alec B
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your views and experiences on trip advisor following your recent stay.

This was a fantastic review and it will be a great pleasure for me to share your feedback with the team members. Feedbacks like this indeed gives a high positive energy to all to continue the excellent work

The complete team of the Felbridge is very proud to read that you have classed us as a one of the best hotels in UK.

It will be a our great pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel.

MalcolmFinchLondon
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have just returned from a one night stay at this hotel, which was disappointing to say the least.

Upon arrival at the hotel, there was a queue to check in, when we were called over to be checked in, the member of reception staff seemed a little too pre-occupied with helping a fellow colleague, than with checking us in. So much so, that she didn't even inform us of what time breakfast was, where to go, how the Spa worked etc etc, all little things, which would make the hotel the 4 stars it claims to be.

We made it to our room, which was 'compact' (I have slept in larger single beds before), however the room was very clean and presented well. The bathroom was clean, except for mould around the bath seal area.

After unpacking we ventured to their spa area (you need a £1 coin to use the lockers there, which we weren't told about until we were started getting undressed), we were informed that the relaxing spa was a little busy today, but please go ahead and use it. Let's just say, I wouldn't classify it as anything 'relaxing'. There were people getting drunk around the unsupervised pool, people 'dive bombing' into it, far from the relaxing area it claimed to be.

That night, whilst sleeping, at approximately 1am, the fire alarm went off. no sign of any staff, to let you know where to go, or what was happening. This went off for about 5 minutes. No apology NOTHING. There were 2 functions in the hotel that night, so there was a steady stream of LOUD DRUNK people walking past the room until about 2:30am, so a good nights sleep was impossible.

The next morning when we came to check out, there was no apology, the member of reception staff didn't even bother to ask how our stay had been. I think they had probably heard enough people complain about the fire alarm and the noise from the functions.

All in all, it had the potential to be a nice hotel but was massively let down by the staff. We definitely will not be returning.

Room Tip: a tip.... use another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing your review on the trip advisor following your recent stay. I present my sincere apologise on this occasion for the incompetent service provided by my front office team member and please rest assured that appropriate actions have been taken including retraining.

We do have a leisure attendant who supervises the pool all the time and spa reception also have a live cctv in place. This did come to our attention that few guests started jumping around in the pool which was for a very short while. We were more patient as we anticipated that speaking to that guests there could become worst experience for all other guest at the pool area however we were closely watching this and if required on the day we would have taken actions.

I am sorry that your experience on this occasion was not great and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

I hope this has not deterred you to book with us in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick

Been to Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!