We stayed at the Felbridge having been to a private function in the restaurant. The hotel was very clean and much bigger than we had imagined. As such the distance to our room from reception and the facilities seemed as if we had walked to the next town to reach there. But having got there we were pleasantly surprised. Very spacious room with all the facilities we needed for an over night stay.
We then changed for dinner before heading to the restaurant for dinner. The meal was very tasty although it could have been hotter. Although I will give the chef the benefit of the doubt as there were 25 of us dining and therefore wanting our meals at the same time, as well as two weddings and a birthday party.
When we retired to the bar following our meal we found that the birthday party had taken over the bar with a reserve ration and therefore it was packed with just the end of the bar for us. Rather disappointing. Additionally it was a shame that the bar only sold keg beers no real ales.
At this point we retired to our room and it was incredibly hot in there. We tried to open the windows but afraid of using too much force we were unable to open them and decided to use the air conditioning. The air conditioning was faulty and would only blow out hot air within minutes the room was unbearbable. Finally we managed to open the windows and boy was it good.
The bed was incredibly comfortable with a memory foam topper over the mattress. However the pillows weren't so comfy.
Breakfast was fabulous, a proper Full English. The staff in the restaurant were incredibly helpful and courteous.
All in all a good hotel and we will go back to try the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 10 miles from Gatwick Airport, the newly refurbished Crowne Plaza Felbridge is a convenient base for business and leisure, within easy access of the M25 and M23. The location of this stylish hotel, makes an ideally placed meeting and conference destination. The Crowne Plaza Felbridge is the perfect location for training, seminars, product launches, annual conferences, boardroom meetings, interviews, teambuilding and brainstorming events as well as small exhibitions. All the meeting rooms offer everything you would expect from a luxurious and contemporary hotel. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, you will appreciate the excellent range of facilities at the Crowne Plaza Felbridge hotel, with its 116 bedrooms including accessible and family room availability and 8 purpose built meeting rooms. The hotel is conveniently located close to local attractions including the Bluebell Railway, Ashdown Forest, Tullys Farm, Lingfield Race Course, Chartwell House (home of Winston Churchill) and within 15 minutes of Gatwick Airport with direct links to London. It also boasts The Chakra Spa and Health Club which includes 5 treatment rooms, gym and leisure facilities. For eating and drinking, the Crowne Plaza Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting international-style dishes - as well as some hearty British favourites. We offer 24-hour room service that will tingle your taste buds with locally sourced produce. With state-of-the-art AV systems, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, free on-site parking, the luxurious Chakra Spa and Fitness Centre and delicious catering options, The Crowne Plaza Felbridge will be equipped to provide you with a seamless experience - setting you up for a productive stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Felbridge Hotel East Grinstead
- Felbridge East Grinstead
- Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK