“Lovely hotel”

Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Fourth business stay here now so getting used to the slight quirkiness like the distance to the rooms but that is the nature of the layout and actually my room this time was well worth the walk.
I was co hosting a conference and the lady looking after us was superb running around and getting us lots of little bits we had forgotten to bring. Just what you need when you need to focus on the day.
Room was big and luxurious with Elemis toiletries which is a nice treat :)
Wifi is hit and miss depending on the room but it is available free of charge in the main areas so manageable
Back again Sunday so keep some rock and elemis for me please and thanks for the lovely welcome

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for the kind and positive feedback and I am pleased you enjoy your visits to the Felbridge. We share all feedback with the team and I know it will be appreciated.
Whilst we have cable internet access in the bedrooms you will be pleased to hear that we should by the end of this year install wifi throughout all bedroom accommodation.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good bits - Easy to find easy to park, or was it more below, spacious room, nice toiletries decent service at reception.

Bad bits-Noisy air con unit in room, practically raw egg with one of the worst full English breakfasts I have ever had, actually make that the worst, rock hard bacon and really bad coffee. And when was the last time you stayed at a b & b let alone a hotel without free wi-fi, this was plug in connection and you had to pay!

Attended a seminar and they did not come along to clear the cups and when they brought the lunch it was mainly spicy meat products little in the way of sandwiches or salads and pasta etc and just a really badly made Ceaser salad, no egg or garlic or black pepper that I could see and still didn't clear the cups away and bring fresh coffee! not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments as all guest feedback is important to us as it gives us a balanced opinion of our facilities and services and identifies any areas for improvement.
We do have a strict procedure for refreshing the meeting rooms at the lunch break and I am very sorry to hear that it wasn’t done on this occasion. Your dining and conference experience has been discussed with the Food & Beverage and Conference teams and appropriate actions have taken place
Just to make a note that free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas and in conference rooms and free unlimited broadband in bedrooms. You are required to pay if you choose to take a premium broadband which is meant for downloading of large music or video files otherwise the basic broadband is good for normal usage.
Should there be anything else I can help, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Check in was fab, however thought we may get some help to find our room as this was about a mile from the actual reception area but we were sent on our way, bags etc to find alone, which took some time being the size of hotel. Room was gorgeous though, as was bathroom, we had a superior room which included comfy bed, lovely shower room.... to be fair the room was great including iron, board etc . Dinner in the Anise was amazing, out waitress, which we cannot remember her name, young, trouser suit lady '20'ish was outstanding! Dinner was to die for, breakfast too. All in all we couldn't rate this place enough, very very professional in every way, GREAT WAY TO SPEND A 40th BIRTHDAY XX

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey B

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review on the hotel following your recent visit. I am sorry the concierge was not available at that time however you should always be able to receive luggage assistance at the hotel
We look forward to welcome you back to the Felbridge Hotel and Spa
Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for the night as we were flying from Gatwick early the following morning. The hotel was close to the airport and was easy to find. Our room was quite small and the bed only just qualified as a double, but it was comfortable enough and we slept well. This was ok as we were only staying for one night. The gym was clean, but a little basic. It had some free weights, a couple of mahines and some treadmills. It was ok for a quick workout, though. My wife enjoyed a massage and we both used the jaccuzzi. We ate in the bar. The food ok, but a little on the pricey side. The breakfast was ok, with a broad range of different things to choose from. We would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and recommending our hotel to the website users is highly appreciative.

The gym is equipped with all the machines which are necessary for daily workouts and suitable for all degrees of fitness. Our beds are standard doubles and we have a choice of rooms that guests can upgrade to with super king beds and floor size of 28sq metres.
It would be pleasure in welcoming you back again to the Felbridge hotel & spa

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Just been here on business glad I didn't pay for it! Very nice hotel, a bit messy. The staff aren't very good they need a lot of training. It took them 2 hours to serve my dinner on Thursday night which is hard when you are dining alone. Then upon leaving the reception staff tried to convince me a couple of times that I had spent above my allowance for food, when I knew I couldn't have when I had salad both nights! When she realised she was wrong she didn't bother to apologise. Hoping next time my company books me somewhere else or will insist on somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TingayEating
VShrivastava, Manager at Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and writing the review on the hotel following your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We do our best that all our guests leave the hotel with pleasant memories of their stay and I am sorry that you were not impressed on this occasion.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We only stayed one night but the rate was good value and the staff friendly and efficient. The room was slightly small but clean and comfortable. It was quiet and we got a good night's sleep which was the most important thing.
They offered breakfast at £10 per person which we considered good value. There was an excellent choice with the hot breakfast cooked to order. If a similar offer is available when you book I strongly recommend it.
We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind compliments about our team members. I am happy to read that you were impressed with the hotel and facilities and that you found our breakfast great value.
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We got married at the Felbridge Hotel and Spa last September. My then wife to be stayed the night before the wedding and we stayed there for a few days afterwards. Everything was just amazing. We stayed in the honeymoon suite with it's own private decking but all our guests that stayed (as far as I'm aware) enjoyed their stay. There was a very small problem with one of the rooms so my best man and his partner had to share with my children! Although we were obviously refunded the cost of the kids room and my best man didn't have to pay for his room. You can have problems wherever you stay, but the important thing for me is how it is dealt with and I feel the hotel and the staff dealt with this extremely well. The staff were all polite, assertive and helpful, I don't think I would change anything except the hiccup with the room. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your complimentary review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your wedding at the Felbridge Hotel. I am pleased that as you say issues can occur anywhere but it is important on how they are handled and in this occasion we resolved the issue professionally and to your satisfaction.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a good review.
We will look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Cisswood House
Cisswood House
#2 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!