“Our Regular” 4 of 5 bubbles

Description: Traditional English Breakfast and lunch specials
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Our Regular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We're a couple on a tight budget and Suley's is right down our street. Both in location and preference.

The service is very quick, Ideal if you're on a lunch break. The staff seem to value their customers opinion and always greet us and say thank you and good bye.

I've had a couple bad experiences, once there was a hair in my chips but was not charged for them, and we received a sincere sounding apology. Another time we gave our order and my order was actually forgotten. When we mentioned it they came over with a small portion and said it's on the house.

The prices are great, we end up spending about £7 for the both of us. I always pop in for a lovely cup of tea even if I'm not hungry. If only they were open longer hours!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dani G

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Suleys is a traditional cafe where you can get excellent value full English breakfasts at a really good price. The food is cooked to order and the service is friendly.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nicola R
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Friendly fun way to have breakfast or lunch .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I live in east grinstead and go into suleys cafe quite often. It is not only the price which is very reasonable. The bacon and egg sarnie is the best in town in crusty thick bread.
It's a friendly and fun place to spend some time

3 Thank Keith R
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Friendly service and reasonably priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Went to Suleys as our usual eating establishment we go to for breakfast was full.

Friendly service and reasonably priced. My husband ordered the full English with tea and toast for £5 and I ordered egg, sausage and bacon with toast. The cafe was busy so had to wait a while. When the breakfasts did arrive the eggs were swimming in grease, the bacon was like hard cardboard and the sausage was tough and difficult to cut with the blunt knife. My husband will always almost lick the plate clean whenever we have breakfast out but in this cafe I was quite surprised when he left the whites of the eggs, all of the mushrooms and a tomato as they were all too greasy. We do like the occasional fry up but this made us feel quite queezy 20 minutes later. Sorry to much grease = heart attack food.

Shame as the staff were brilliant. Just need to serve the food without puddles of grease :(

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MBW2203
Perth, Australia
“What a discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Popped in of off chance to be met with a great welcome, Suley the owner is a great character who when saw me indecisive about what to eat asked me what I was feeling like. More than just a place for a classic breakfast, he cooked me a healthy poached egg on toast! Been back many a lunch time where they cooked me jacket potatoes/pasta/ shepards pie, you name it- great skills and great value. Ham, Egg, chips & beans is an absolute winner for me.... best value in town

• Visited January 2012