“Always feels like holiday”
Review of La Farola

La Farola
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The authentic Spanish dining experience in Sussex!
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Always feels like holiday”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Have been eating here for 20 years on an occasional basis and the menu has changed little apart from the addition of The Tapas bar. Perhaps that's the secret of its succees .. Good food , well kept beer and wine and a holiday atmosphere. Slightly pricey but always come away happy

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank 147ChrisB

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“East Grinstead's #1 restaurant”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great, friendly service in both the tapas bar and within the restaurant dining area. Easily the best place in East Grinstead to go out for a meal. A must-have is the butterfly prawns followed by the steak!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Matt H
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service and Superb Food”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a welcome from the wonderful staff and the food was just amazing - the best fillet steaks ever and cooked to perfection by their wonderful chef who also gave us a lovely welcome. I had the butterfly prawns in garlic were amazing. The salad and vegetables were delicious - our waiter was just so wonderful and very informative on everything we order. We were out on a celebration as my daughter just got a dream job and when I said this - the waiter kindly offered us an after dinner drink - icing on the cake for sure. Thank you again for your kindness.
This restaurant should be filled every night but it is let down by the fact the room is so dated and the carpet - not so nice. I think if management would have the foresight to revamp this restaurant - they would be full every night. The food is just so good and the safe are simply the best. See you again very soon. M & J

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Gable_End1
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I am amazed that this place is so busy. I am Italian, not Spanish, but have been to spain enough to know that what they do here isn't authentic. It's always such a shame that places never want to show off their countries true food, and would rather serve up food that is poorly made, using cheap ingredients, and no passion or love!

• Visited June 2014
7 Thank Raffaello D
sussex
“Great Steaks and service! Yum!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The best fillet steak I've eaten in this country to date! I last came here a year ago and the service was still friendly and great, I ordered the wrong starter and realised once it came out. Our waiter was only to happy for me to exchange very quickly. I couldn't come here and not order a steak! Generous 10oz fillet- beautiful. Will have to try the tapas bar some time as looks great too. I love that this is a family business which has been running since I was tiny. Very good must try!

Visited July 2014