“Great tucked away Indian”

Nizam Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nizam Indian Restaurant With our Kitchen Team of celebrated Chefs each specialised in their own field, we are able to provide our guests with authentic Indian flavours transformed into a celebration of mouth watering innovative Indian cuisine, catered to our guests by a warm and friendly Front of House team who have an eye for perfection. This prestigious venue is located in the historic town of East Grinstead, situated on the old part of the High Street behind Middle Row, in a 16th Century Tudor Building which has been Grade II Listed in order to keep it in character with the surrounding environment. Serving the town since 1988, the brand has become well known throughout all of Sussex and much of Kent and Surrey, having built an enviable reputation for quality and service. It is through our attention to detail that we have managed to build a large and loyal customer base, which is growing all the time. Experience an authentic unique ambience The Restaurant interior of this venue has been designed to combine old and new. The space benefits from using exposed original timber beams incorporating them into dividing screens. This provides a degree of separation and privacy between dining guests, combined with a modern contemporary style that creates a warm, intimate and relaxed ambience. Our unique interior creates a combination of spaces, allowing us to cater for intimate dining for one, two, or more in the main dinning room. As well as for larger groups in our contemporary private banquet room, with over 50 seats in both secluded and open areas were sure to find the right table for you. We look forward to welcoming you soon. H.R. Salim Choudhury Founding Director
kent england
“Great tucked away Indian”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very nice Indian restaurant hidden behind the shops. Good servic and excellent food. Parking can be tricky.

Visited October 2011
6 Thank discerning3

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Many people like this place, I'll avoid thank you.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have had some good meals here but my last experience here was so bad I will avoid at all costs. Last New Years' Eve we decided to have a takeway from here for a change and it was a nightmare. We were told it would take 45 minutes after placing our telephone order so I went to the shop 45 minutes later. There were quite few people also waiting and the restaurant was busy as you would expect. However, first my order was mixed up with another Clark, then I was made to wait for another hour and a half before my order was ready. While others were also waiting for a long time no one waited as long as me and others who ordered later were getting their orders before me. Even when I got my order and drove home there were bits missing. When I called to say I what was missing the manager didn't seem to care and tried to palm me off with "you'll get extra next time". I won't be ordering from Nizam ever again. I did go back and get the missing items and did not even get an apology.

Order and eat at Undaal, it's a lot lot better.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Lee C
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Nizam is the best Indian Restaurant in East Grinstead, the food is fantastic and the menu choices are great. Food and drinks are reasonably priced and service and atmosphere in the restaurant are great.
Takeaway is also fantastic from here and they often offer discounts online for takeaways too.

Visited June 2012
8 Thank iholiday
London
“A cut above your average Indian restaurant”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is probably the best Indian restaurant in East Grinstead at the moment. Extremely polite and efficient service, good atmosphere and very pleasant surroundings. However it is the quality of the food that counts and the Nizam doesn't disappoint. I would say that it on a par with some of the new 'gourmet' London establishments I have frequented. Let's hope success doesn't lead to indifference, as it has with some of the other restaurants in the town.

• Visited June 2012
7 Thank bluewalrus750
East Grinstead
“One of the best Indians in town”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

If we want to have a sit down Indian meal in East Grinstead then it is either Nizam or another one at the other end of the town. Nizam is in a great location, among the older character buildings in East Grinstead. Inside has been converted tastefully from an old building with low beams into the restaurant. The food is great, I have never had a bad meal in there, although it can be a little expensive compared to some others in town. The staff are usually friendly, making you feel welcome.

• Visited May 2012