“Good food let down by mistakes and poor service”
Review of Mae Ping - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Won't be going back to Mae Ping. It's a shame, we love the food but yet again we've had a poor experience with the service. Waiting staff are friendly and helpful but due to a series of kitchen mistakes (wrong meat, then missing ingredient) I sent back my second starter. My partner had finished hers and they were offering to make me a third to try to get it right, I declined.

Come the end if the night they had included the starter I didn't get to eat on the bill. I pointed out that I wasn't willing to pay for it. They took it off the bill but not with out someone coming over arguing that I was wrong about the food, that I should have had it redone. Not impressed.

Prices are too high, service is average, kitchen can be slow and seems to be prone to mistakes. It explains why recently the restaurant's never more than half full. Might try a take away from them in the future but probably not...

1  Thank Warburj

Reviewed February 24, 2014

After booking a last minute Valentines dinner, we were shocked we could even get a table somewhere!
We walked into a nicely decorated restaurant, that was half full.
We ordered drinks, which arrived promptly.
Our waitor (the manager I can only presume, who shouted at staff a lot) was extremely rude and took our starters in the quickest, least friendly manner possible.
After waiting around 40 minutes for a starter, which meant we almost contemplated leaving, we were fortunately greeted with delicious Thai food, that was piping hot.
We then waited a further 20 minutes, which isn't bad at all, for our mains. Unfortunately, we were given the wrong set menu.
When I pointed this out to the waiter, he apologized and quickly bought over the beef main we'd ordered - letting us know "you're lucky there was one ready!" - extremely rude considering, we had ordered it originally. The food was good none the less, which is the only reason we did not leave.
On reciept of the bill, we were shocked they'd added on a 15% service charge - for probably the worst service I've recieved in ages.
We paid the full bill however, not wanting to ruin our Valentines meal anymore, and quickly left.
We would not visit again, on a "busy" night, or at all for that matter.
Good food, ruined by rubbish service and rude staff.

1  Thank Kat C
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Been here a couple of times for a lunch meeting. Great Chicken Pad Thai for £5.50. Can also order lunch takeaway. Service good. Looking forward to eating there in the evening soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We waited far too long for our food and when served, it was cold and unappetizing.
The atmosphere was one of disorder and confusion.
We will certainly not be returning.

1  Thank tracingprotea
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate here with friends on a Friday evening. Restaurant was busy, but not full. We ate the set menu for 4 people, it was more than enough for four adults. Presentation and flavours were very good, the duck in tamarind sauce was particularly good.