See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Such a lovely place we were made to feel very much at home. Very comfortable great breakfast room with a good outlook over a well maintained garden and grassland. Lots of land. Swimming pool and beautiful terrace.
Would go again if I could.
Ailsa is an accomplished hostess. She also does a great breakfast, is ready with conversation and travel advice.
You can't miss the entrance in the lane if you look for the NZ flag which says it all.
Lovely is the word.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the garden retreat on 2 separate occasions during June & July, both times for 4 nights. It was a wonderful place to stay, it was so relaxing and we loved everything about it.

The whole place has a lovely cottage feel with a great kitchen and very comfy beds and a powerful shower. The garden was huge and the kids loved playing out in it. The main bedroom had doors leading outside to the garden and had a lovely view. The host Alisha was so welcoming providing us with milk and home made muffins. There were tv's in each room and a DVD player. There were lots of books to read as well.

We had a lovely peaceful time here and we were very lucky with the weather on our second visit and were able to use the pool which the kids loved.

This was such a lovely place to stay and we will definitely return and have recommended it to lots of people

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Unfortunately, we stayed for two days - wish it had been two weeks! The host of this beautiful farmhouse could not have been more welcoming, more conscious of our every need or more genuinely interested in us, without being intrusive. The room was just what one needed, especially after a long hot journey. Triple aspect over the farm and Sussex countryside. The breakfast she cooked was excellent with copious choices - I had Smoked salmon eggs and Tom the English both days - well presented perfection. We will stay with the Lovely Ailsa when next we visit our family.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for my wedding with a mixture of friends, family and the now husband! Ailsa was simply the most amazing host, she was so welcoming, relaxed and thoughtful. She always went the extra mile for all of us: homemade muffins, extra milk, wonderful breakfast, limitless coffee (just to name a few) and always with a smile. The rooms were spotless and the showers brilliant! Everyone who stayed here absolutely loved it, from parents to bridesmaids.

The pool was so refreshing as well, and in such a rural and quiet location. I will definitely be coming back here whenever I am in the area! It honestly is the best B&B I've ever stayed at. If I could give it 100 stars, I would! Thank you so much!!!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2016

What a lovely place and an amazing hostess!! Lovely breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed all the personal touches...such as remembering that my husband had talked of having a different breakfast the 2nd day but didn't actually fill in the breakfast form. Sure enough...scrambled eggs and smoked salmon appeared!! Would love to come back and stay in the cottage another time.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family