All reviews mini bar main course self service lovely hotel plenty of choice spa bath main building carvery restaurant buffet breakfast evening meal good size plenty of parking pretty village beef waiting staff carvery style starters and desserts
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Staff are friendly and helpful.
Room was clean, spacious and contained everything you would need for a very comfortable nights stay.
Food was good with plenty of choice. Service was efficient and friendly.
We would definitely return to such a lovely hotel

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Maggie P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you joeboxer123 for choosing to stay with us - I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms very clean. Could not fault food. Breakfast and evening meals were lovely. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Overall a lovely hotel in a lovely quiet area. Would visit again if back in that area.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank your for your positive review - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We booked the Old Tollgate to stay overnight before the Goodwood Revival and weren't sure what to expect. It's a gem. Rooms were spacious and clean, excellent hot powerful shower and windows that open fully (this is a rare luxury when you like a cool room). Every staff member we came across was pleasant, chatty and helpful especially on what was a busy evening for them. Car parking was plentiful too. We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely carvery and were told about a special Friday night deal which was a nice touch. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and very tasty. Paula who looked after us at breakfast was doing a wonderful job. We'll definitely stay again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you infrequentcouple for taking the time to post your review - we really do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

My husband and I stayed here last night as we were guests at the wedding held there that day. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. My husband wanted a piece of cake after the delicious buffet had been cleared away and Ben went and got him the last piece of bakewell for him, even though I think he wanted it for himself the he. The 2 staff that were on the bar (I’m sorry I don’t know their names) were extremely helpful and friendly and were very prompt at serving the guests.
Breakfast this morning was delicious and again nothing was too much trouble, we ended up having tables put together so we could sit with our friends. Ben got the children some hot chocolate and was very helpful in finding us food for a dairy free child. The other breakfast staff (again I didn’t catch their names) were also really nice and very patient even though the children were quite noisy and running around.
The room was very spacious and clean although rather dated. And the lady on reception was also very pleasant. We had a truly lovely stay and I couldn’t not pass on my gratitude and thanks for a lovely wedding stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Maggie P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you lucy a - what an amazing review. I shall personally pass your comments back to the entire team.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I have stayed at the hotel on business on a number of occasions. I decided to have a leisure stay with my wife at the hotel. We both enjoyed our stay, everything was very good, I was already aware of this, my wife enjoyed the hospitality of the hotel staff for the first time, her only negative point was the lack of her mobile signal, but she managed, and was not put stay. We will be returning at some point.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Rick S

Thank you Rick S for your 5* review - we really appreciate your comments.